Email Signatures

I’m still on a few forums where they exist. They can get incredibly clunky if you’re only posting short stuff.

@daws1159 Look - I did a thing:

vvvvv

1 Like

Is it throwback to 2008?!

2008 isn’t a long time ago :pleading_face:

1 Like

What is this voodoo you speak of? How does one access the old forum??

https://web.archive.org/web/20110829070800/http://www.aircadetcentral.net:80/forums/index.php

4 Likes

That’s pretty cool - shame the topics can’t be read! That would fill a couple more days of lockdown!

I could happily relive being a 14 year old cadet on the south west region channel

2 Likes

There seems to be protocol, at least in our Wing that the Senior Officers (Sqn Ldrs and Wg Cdr) use CFC after their surname, but Junior Officers are told to use RAFAC. No one can explain to me why this difference exists.

That is bonkers!!

1 Like

Good god… That’s absolute polldarks!

“CFC” is not a post-nominal. Not in any imaginary world - it’s just the type of commission.
“RAFAC” is the post-nominal to differentiate us from the RAF and it is for everyone, senior or junior, commissioned or non.

…And since post-nominals don’t go in email signature blocks there’s no reason for anyone to use it there.

CFC is the postnominal for the Congregation of Christian Brothers. Though on the Wikipedia page for UK postnominals someone has added it to the military section to designate a cadet forces commission. That needs changing surely unless other cadet forces use it?List of post-nominal letters (United Kingdom) - Wikipedia

There’s a lot of nonsense there.
MVS sure as hell isn’t a post-nominal either!

1 Like

As we all know if it’s in Wikipedia it HAS to be true.

4 Likes

250kb.

It wasn’t my idea but I do love it, I can’t take credit for the image. It promotes us and then has links to all of our socials so when we email contacts outside of the organisation it gives them the opportunity to look at our various social accounts, whether they actually do or not is upto them.

Our OCW is really pushing the idea and all of the branding behind the wing.

hmm, I know your OCW and I’m not sure this surprises me!

Is there an issue with it?

Is it not a good idea to get the Wing and the Sqn’s in the Wing singing off the same hymm sheet with regards to branding?

I like the idea, tbh, but as noted a couple of posts above, it’s against the JSP.

For what it’s worth, Our wing has asked us to include our wing crest, and the RAFAC branding on the bottom of our emails - again, going against the JSP!

1 Like

The folk who still include some form of disclaimer in their signatures, despite the fact that one is appended automatically, are the ones who totally frustrate me. (there are definitely WExOs who fall into this category too).

3 Likes

(off-topic… there’s an amusing story about a Premiership football ground and an OC Wing that has been mentioned in this thread… I wonder how widely known it is… :innocent: :sweat_smile:)