Does anyone have a copy of ACP 20B

I’ve got a friend who isn’t on these forums who needs to have a look at ACP 20B from the late 90s or early 2000’s. Especially concerning provisions for Officer promotion after a set period of time. If anyone has this knocking around in an attic or garage etc. I would appreciate it if you could send through some pictures of those pages. I realise this is a bit of a long shot as it’s 20 years out of date by this point but I can’t see it anywhere else. Also not sure what topic to put it in, hope general training is right.

You could maybe get in contact with the IHUB team and see if they have a digitised copy archived that they could send?

Contacting those teams was the next step. Thought I do one last check before dealing with them. Is there a RAFAC team I should contact and if so where would I find their email.

Can I ask why you’d need it?

1 Like

Time served promotions isnt a thing anymore.

Except as specified in the current ACP20.
And that is only that if you were / are a time served Flt Lt, you can retain that.

Does that help?

Not exactly, I should have specified.

I understand that it is no longer the thing but my friend is trying to sort out is governed by the rules as they when they left in the early 2000’s which is why I’m asking for the document for that time. As it was in place at the time they may still be covered by it but to make that case they need at least a copy of the relevant pages.

Hope that makes sense.

I have been asked not to say too much around my friends situation and to respect their privacy. If there are specific questions I may be able answer them better but they have asked for me not to say what they need it for. Sorry I can’t be of more help but I want to respect my friends privacy.

I’ve got an electronic copy of ACP20A randomly, but haven’t found 20B yet

I assume your friend is trying to prove that they were entitled to be a Flt Lt RAFVR(T) in 200X? My best advice is getting on with living their life today and don’t worry about an acting unpaid rank from 20 years ago.

11 Likes

I am asking for it because it actually does still affect them today and proving they should be a Flt Lt RAFVR(T) would actually really help them out. I realise it sounds a bit weird but it is quite personal and I wouldn’t ask if it wasn’t worth the time or energy to them.

Whether they “should” be a time served Flt Lt is irrelevant if they were never actually promoted. AFAIK time served was never automatic and you had to apply for it.

And honestly, does it really matter whether he’s a Fg Off or Flt Lt? If he’s in a role that needs it he’ll be given the higher rank, if not then why does he need the extra bit of braid? I don’t think you even get the extra pay as time served led to acting (unpaid) status.

Ah, I’m guessing then it’s to do with wearing uniform in a retired capacity? Am I right in thinking that you needed to be Flt Lt for two years cumulatively or one year consecutively and serve 10 in total to be eligible to wear uniform after retirement?

It is not to do with wearing of uniform in retired capacity. As said above the situation is very personal but if they can prove they should be a Flt Lt on time it would be really useful to them going forward in their life. I am just hoping someone would have it available by chance.

I do thank everyone for your advice but it is a very uncommon situation and the rules surrounding it are not likely to be well know. I know you’re all trying to help but in this situation the only help would be from getting the document in question. I would also appreciate it if you would stop trying to guess the situation of my friend and just let me know if you have the document as they have looked into the situation and this is the only way to resolve the issue.

I think it’s a little unrealistic to post a question asking for a copy of a document that was retired well over 10 years ago, post a cryptic message and then not expect people to ask why.

It might be that if you or your friend gave more information members might be able to help more.

If it’s really that private, posting anything on an open forum isn’t going to help.

1 Like

Have you tried googling?

Some Air cadet Sqns use to post every ACP on their websites so you can find old copies of them

There might be a copy on what do they know.

Otherwise it’s likly to be on an old CD kicking around a unit from an Adjs course

I understand it is a weird ask and looks a bit sketchy and whatnot. I didn’t expect to get a copy honestly, I was just hoping I could save my friend from the bureaucracy nightmare that could happen trying to request the document from the archive. I sincerely apologise if I was a bit short in my last message. I just wanted was a check to see if anyone here just happened to have it kicking around and save them the trouble.

I will try to give a bit more information below to see if it may help:
My friends departure from the ATC was not exactly standard and quite abrupt. There is a situation resolving from this which has been able to help my friend out. If they could prove they would be a Flt Lt it would ensure their support would continue but to make that case they would need the document stating that they would have been promoted on time spent.

I don’t know if that helps at all but that’s as much as I can get across without asking them if they are ok sharing that sort of information beforehand.

1 Like

Yes that was the first idea. Unfortunately they are either password locked or only have ACP 20A. As cadets would not need access to ACP 20B and as such was not put up or was hidden away from the public. Not sure how likely I will be able to find an old Adj course CD but thanks for letting me know of the option.

From memory time served was 9 years from Fg Off. Others may have a better/different memory.

So I’d do a quick sense check whether your friend was likely to meet that before bothering to chase down 20B. I don’t have a copy unfortunately.

1 Like

Thinking tangentially

Would ACP 22 help?

Should be similar regularations for the staff

http://crieffaircadets.org.uk/resources/docs/uploads/ACP/12Apr2009164055CCF%20Staff%20Training.pdf

2 Likes

An officer in the rank of Flying Officer may, after completion of the Induction Course and 9
years’ continuous service with the RAFVR(T) be promoted, to the acting unpaid rank of Flight
Lieutenant. Time in the NEP does not count as a period of service. Entitled officers will be notified
by HQ Air Cadets.

Fairly sure this is the same as for the ATC. Certainly matches my memory of the timescales.

I seem to think you had to do the Senior Officers course as well (or what ever it was called) - I did get the acting unpaid Flt Lt in in the 1990s and had done the Senior course previously.