Death of HM Queen Elizabeth II

Very sad news from Buckingham Palace this evening. A great loss to our country, our commonwealth, and our planet.

14 Likes

Rest in Peace Ma’am. Long live the King

10 Likes

An unbelievable loss to the country but now at peace.

13 Likes

God save The King.
Long live the King.

13 Likes

We all knew it would come soon and yet, it is still a huge shock.

Clear skies and fair winds ahead Ma’am.

Long Live The King.

10 Likes

Incredibly surreal.

But we are fortunate as a nation to have been served by someone with her steadfast loyalty and passion.

Rest in peace your Majesty, and long live the King.

12 Likes

Rest in Peace your Majesty, im glad you get the chance to be with HRH Prince Phillip again.

Long live the King

11 Likes

A great example of servant leadership. And as a god botherer myself, a true Christian. She will be missed. She accepted her duty and lived for the country. She can now be at rest.
The Queen is dead, long live the King

16 Likes

May Her Majesty rest in peace.
Long live the King.

9 Likes

This.
Exact same age as my gran (minus a day or two), but has lasted a fair bit longer.

Ever present for basically all of us. Such a surreal event.

I care little for politicians, don’t have a religious bone in my body, but being a part of the Royal Air Force - even though my regular service was brief - was something special because of the connection to The Crown.

The funeral is going to be the last of it’s kind.

13 Likes

I feel I speak for many when I say, I have not been able to concentrate most of this afternoon whilst listening for any news.

Most of us never had the honour of meeting her majesty Queen Elizabeth II, however we will all feel this loss deeply.

Rest in peace, Ma’am.
God save the King.

15 Likes

I’ve nothing more to add.

Rest in peace your Majesty; God save the King.

10 Likes

His Majesty has taken the Regnal name of Charles III.

9 Likes

The Boss.

The most diligent, conscientious monarch.

It was the great honour and pleasure of my life to serve her commission, to wear her uniform and to bear her divice.

A dreadful day. She is irreplaceable.

11 Likes

Now with her beloved Philip.

Duty done Ma’am.

God save the King.

8 Likes

Google has gone to subdued colours.
Never seen that before.

10 Likes

Op Unicorn been invoked and Gordon Barracks in Aberdeen being involved in the operation….

3 Likes

Does anyone know the protocol for personal conduct during national mourning?

I feel as though I should be conducting myself in a certain manner. But I don’t know how or why or what. It might be because I’m off and pretty isolated from the usual day to day.

2 Likes

Duty done. Rest in Peace Ma’am. Long live the King

3 Likes

You could check Debrett’s, but I doubt outside of uniformed circles that anyone else will know / care / notice.

2 Likes