DBS Application

My DBS application has recently been submitted by my unit. I’ve tried checking the status via the online DBS tracking service using the forms reference number. I keep receiving the same message - “We are unable to process this request because the DBS has not received the corresponding DBS application”

The application was submitted nearly 2 weeks ago. Does anyone know if the ACO electronically submit the information online to DBS rather than sending the paper forms? I’ve heard of other organisations doing this. In which case the message above would make sense :slight_smile:

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but the last email I seen from my wing was that the DBS checks were taking up to 19 weeks

Normal turn around time is 4-6 weeks.

The thing to remember is that, yes, paperwork is sent by snail-mail to DBS for checking; shame we can’t do it electronically, but you never know in the future.

We are told that paperwork doesn’t go direct either, which adds to the timescale.

I chased a DBS for a new member of Staff that was submitted 4 weeks ago and was informed by my Wing HQ that it has to go to Cheadle Hume (MOD) first for double checking before they send it to DBS in Liverpool so there is always a delay.

I checked last night and my new member of Staff’s still hasn’t been registered as received by DBS yet. Sorry!

The ACO will not do it electronically.

My DBS was submitted 2 weeks ago so I’ll let you know when mine’s sorted for comparison.

I checked the dbs for one of our new chaps yesterday and it was sat waiting for police clearance as of 1st June. Application was submitted 8 weeks ago.

It is correct that they go to DBS Cheadle for vetting first before they are registered on the system for you to track.

Longest DBS clearance time I’ve had for a new pilot was 18 weeks.

I have known for DBS to be returned from Liverpool because of errors.

Thanks everyone for your replies, much appreciated :slight_smile:

Just renewing mine, took 4 weeks to get from MOD to DBS!!

It may be a hold up at your Wing HQ

It was sent recorded delivery to MOD - it has taken a month to get to DBS from there… DBS seem to be moving it very fast, almost done in only a week