D1 Driver Training Survey

HQAC has put an announcement up with a link to a single question survey. Would we be interested in being able to attend driver training for D1 minibus if it could be arranged at a closer military establishment than Leconfield.

Link is here:
https://rafac.sharepoint.com/sites/interim/Lists/ACO%20Announcements/DispForm.aspx?ID=1005&Source=https%3A%2F%2Frafac%2Esharepoint%2Ecom%2Fsites%2Finterim%2Fdefault%2Easpx&ContentTypeId=0x010400F2EDDB30DAD85447A407646B140F79AA

It’s a no brainer for me, but would be good to get as many responses as possible.

4 Likes

I’d do it if I could go I Brize, Boscombe, Benson or Odhiam

I plan to do it anyway, I don’t mind travelling so my answer doesn’t change which is a data skew

2 Likes

Certainly would help if it was closer. But the biggest blocker for me is having to take time out of the week to do it. If it could be done over a weekend/multiple weekends then I’d do it in a heart beat!

7 Likes

Yep. Trying to hold a more positive outlook, hopefully this is someone trying to prove what they already know to put a case forward…

1 Like

I’ll vote yes to that!

Edit to add: and now have.

I loved my week at leconfield. I enjoyed it more than doing my D/C/CE courses privately.

Leconfield is a dingy place, but the experience of spending a week on an active base interacting with the regulars made it a really good course for me.

Only downside was being stared at because the 3 of us were pretty much the only blue uniform there out of an ocean of Green.

1 Like

vote then!

Maybe if it was more local that might be an option.

1 Like

Done.

1 Like

I did the course at Leconsfield and enjoyed it.
Started on Monday test Wednesday morning done and dusted.

Would be interesting to see how they will run it local stations as I know a lot don’t have trainers as it’s all done at Leconsfield.

1 Like

Did your days run the same as mine?

Breakfast
Drive for an hour
Second breakfast
Drive for an hour
Lunch
Drive for an hour
Afternoon snack
Drive for an hour
Dinner

:joy::joy:

4 Likes

Or Blockhouse / Collingwood? We’re all purple now, right?

1 Like

I know a guy who turned up as a fairly junior officer, very proud in his shiny new uniform and shiny shoes… to realise at breakfast on Day 1 the other course that week was a Regiment recruits’ course doing their basic driving stuff. He regretted being in uniform after about 5 minutes when he got bored of having to salute everyone who walked past him…

:joy:

3 Likes

local” - my parent station is a 3.5 hr drive… :fearful:

1 Like

Thankfully we avoided most of that because they were all phase 2 RLC 12 year olds who had no idea what we were

2 Likes

Closer to home would be good, but doing it over a couple of Saturdays would be better

2 Likes

Clearly you’ve never been to Leconsfield. Id happily drive 100 miles further just to avoid that hole!!!

5 Likes

That would do at least I could have the comfort of my own bed for the night…

1 Like

Oh actually there’s Marchwood too - I hear there must be at least one or two drivers there :rofl: wonder if they’ve got any instructors :thinking:

1 Like