CWO: How do you address yours?

Agreed! I don’t think my junior NCOs even know what a CWO is… Our Cdt ranks stop at FS due to small contingent sizes.

I cal Cadet Flight Sergeants “Flight” and CWOs as “Warrant”

To be fair, the contingent sizes to qualify a CWO rank are stupid high.

We justified it last time by having then as senior cadet of both army and RAF. TEST staff can approve CWO for good candidates notwithstanding the establishments

What are the actual contingent sizes? I found this in ACP 22 (although I am not sure if it is still contemporary literature):

But then I also found this clause:

One of my CIs said we need 60 for a CWO, which isn’t what ACP 22 says. So where are the figures?

1 Like

I’m an ATC Sqn with 20 cadets and I have a CWO

I think ACP 22 refers to CCF sections rather than ATC Sqns!

1 Like

ACP 20 has both cadet and staff establishment scales for ATC Sqn’s, Wings, Regions and Corps. I’ve never looked for CCF.

But NCO numbers are more guidelines than actual rules

Really? To my defense (not to set up an argument here) this was the heading of the table above:

1 Like

Strictly speaking there are no establishments for CCF(RAF) sections. CCF is governed by JSP 313. This makes loads of references to ACP 22 including for establishment figures. Unfortunately ACP 22 was withdrawn without changing JSP313 meaning there is a massive governance gap for the CCF(RAF). You then have CCF units using a mixture of what was in the last version of ACP22 and cobbling together policy by adapting ACPs which directly refer to the ATC. So I’m sure no one could kick up a fuss if you used ACP 20 establishment figures instead which allow a CWO much sooner.

ACP22 was withdrawn years ago, which is why it’s not on BADER.

Rewrite of JSP313 is in the pipeline but there is no change to those figures.

But this is what annoys me. If it was withdrawn years ago why was JSP 313 not updated in the intervening period?

You could forgive them if it had been withdrawn 6 months ago but they shouldn’t have withdrawn it if the JSP change was nowhere near ready.

As it’s been withdrawn how can they expect us to use the contents of it? How are we meant to know when to use the old (officially inaccessible ACP) and when to guess which part of an ATC targeted document we should use? Especially those of us who are new to being a CFAV?

1 Like

Topic?

If you want another topic, we can split.

That’s a nice table - is there any way cadets can get a hold on that?

Google ACP20. Some sites have it, if not then it’s in share point and the staff should find it

The clue is in the J. All sides have to agree. They’ve been trying but events move faster than the draft!

Rightly or wrongly (probably the latter), I’ve always addressed CWO’s as ‘Mr’ or ‘Miss’.

It sounds better than ‘OI! Cadet Wobbly Orange!’

C-WO pronounced as see-woah…

Get in the Sea!

Christ! People are still getting this wrong!?