Copy of ACP 16

I was in the middle of familiarising myself with ACP 16 (for my course this week) and Ultilearn has stopped letting me view content.

I would be very grateful if somebody could email me a copy to 2447@…

Many thanks.

It’s too large to email - 160-odd Mb.

Ah, course it is. I managed to get hold of a copy from someone else.

Thanks.

Sounds unnecessarily large to me. Our brand spanking new fieldcraft manual is a 10MB pdf, including a section on TIBUA ;).

And you fancy attaching for all to see?? Talon?

Has it been officially issued now then?

PM Protect I’m afraid.

[quote=“blu3zirux” post=6731]
Has it been officially issued now then?[/quote]

Well, it is on Westminster, though it isn’t much use until the new syllabus gets released which is supposed to be in a few weeks.

Talon, does the new ‘Fieldcraft and Tactics Manual’ for cadet types reflect the new ‘grown up’ one which came out last year (and makes most of ACP16 totally out of date and irrelevant)?

At the risk of going off topic, having not read Pam 2 I couldn’t possibly comment, but as I said it does include TIBUA. If you give me some examples I can check it.

RTR does make an appearance but it remains to be seen whether we will get to implement it properly.

T for Training?

What happened to FISH & CHIPS? (Fighting in Someone’s House & Causing Havoc on People’s Streets.)

At the risk of going off topic, having not read Pam 2 I couldn’t possibly comment, but as I said it does include TIBUA. If you give me some examples I can check it.

RTR does make an appearance but it remains to be seen whether we will get to implement it properly.[/quote]

Seven Ss?

Yes. “Fighting” would be too aggressive wouldn’t it ;).

I assume you are talking about camouflage and concealment? Shape, Silhouette, Texture, Shadow, Spacing and Movement in our manual.

[quote=“talon” post=6804]

I assume you are talking about camouflage and concealment? Shape, Silhouette, Texture, Shadow, Spacing and Movement in our manual.[/quote]

Ok. It’s different, then.

But the same as ACP16.

I wonder what the logic is in that?

It hasn’t been 7S’s for a long time anywhere…

It is. Trust me. :wink:

So who officially uses 7 Ss?

That would be HM Armed Forces.

PAM 2 Para 0339 for those that are interested.

So the “Why things are Seen” SSSTSM topic is made up by who? I was originally taught 7Ss within the ATC (2000). Then eventually we actually had a fieldcraft booklet published by ATC (around 2004) which was SSSTSM, ACP16 does not use 7Ss either. While I was in the OTC (2004-2008) they also taught my SSSTSM too.

There seems to be a split in what’s taught?

[quote=“mike gormley” post=6889]So the “Why things are Seen” SSSTSM topic is made up by who? I was originally taught 7Ss within the ATC (2000). Then eventually we actually had a fieldcraft booklet published by ATC (around 2004) which was SSSTSM, ACP16 does not use 7Ss either. While I was in the OTC (2004-2008) they also taught my SSSTSM too.

There seems to be a split in what’s taught?[/quote]

I don’t mean to sound patronising, but if you read my first post on this thread all your questions will be answered.