Commandant's Challenge

This x 1000.

I’d heard it was a photography challenge, so I pre-briefed my troops to dust of their cameras. or perhaps check out some how-tos on Youtube.

What a waste of a good opportunity.

6 Likes

Sounds like most things she’s done

3 Likes

My wife may be a genius…

She suggests that we all Photoshop our way to a win…

6 Likes

Selfie with Neil Armstrong on the Moon!

3 Likes

Don’t remember that when your next case comes up.

1 Like

I just hope that the best entries are the ones who photoshop themselves into Top Gun

1 Like

Hmm what a load of old tosh.Guaranteed to alienate a fair proportion of the target audience(the cadets) and push morale just that little bit lower.Still you know what they say"Hangings and floggings will continue till staff morale improves"

We just didn’t mention it.
Basically doesn’t exist to our lot.

4 Likes

Snap we haven’t shared it on Social Media and have instead focussed on getting our own challenges pushed out.

2 Likes

Also doing our own, more relevant, more inclusive challenges.

1 Like

Got on board for the first one but to be honest not a massive response from the cadets. Completely agree with the pointlessness of the current challenge. Who thinks of these? They’ve had a whole month to think of something to inspire and engage cadets and come up with that.

Tin foil hat time.

This is just a way of crowdsourcing pictures of famous people with cadets for future use in PR?

8 Likes

What, like the annual photographic competition?

1 Like

Is that a category?

Could be in our comp. ATC People.

1 Like

Email every photo with an ownership disclaimer?

1 Like

Now you’re talking my language :wink:

How much weight does the generic photo use permission actually have in this context though - as it’s the cadets’ own photos, submitted for the purpose of a “challenge” without any terms applied?

just make there’s a watermark in the middle of the photo

I’m quite tempted to see your photoshop attempts @Baldrick

1 Like

At Cosford a few years ago I handed out the team medals, we joked that as I hadn’t changed pose in about 10 pictures, (standard officer grip and grin) I could be replaced by a cut out. So I photoshopped myself receiving my own pin from myself.
I shared it to the cadets yesterday and freaked them all out.

4 Likes