Christmas Shutdown

Quite possibly.

But comms as usual, look like they have been mucked up.

Another person from DW wing has asked the same question RE compulsory stand down, seemingly not seeing the other unanswered question on there.

I must admit, it is rather odd that Gp Capt Leeming hasnt responded to the original posters question. Especially now a 2nd person from DW has asked what is basically the same thing.

Also that itā€™s now Tuesday and other questions have been answered in the interim.

Just in case there is any truth in this I have submitted 2 activities for early Jan and am waiting on push backā€¦

I donā€™t know about other SMEā€™s but Iā€™ve not been told not to authorise stuff. So if I were to get any applications they would get signed off.

1 Like

I just looked, itā€™s showing it was answered 3 hours agoā€¦

Haā€¦ refreshes page furiously.

Lol. Cant access on phoneā€¦
Will have to wait.

Basically, if you argue your activity is essential to maintain momentum for growth of the squadron since covid, youā€™re good to go.

Carry on and manage yourself as per.

And if your activity didnā€™t require approval in the first place, how the hell would they know anyway?

2 Likes

This has always annoyed me about many areas of SharePoint. Works pretty well on desktop but impossible to use in mobile!

8 Likes

So there isnā€™t a compulsory stand down then?

ā€œEssential activity onlyā€.

Itā€™s a compulsory optional stand down, but if you are doing someone need to flag to the RC as the DDH

3 Likes

:rofl:
Words

2 Likes

So Iā€™m now on my laptop and can see the VoV page. RC(N) has added a post a couple of minuets ago making it clear all RAFAC activity between 17 Dec and 10 Jan must be approved by your RC.

Need times with that also.

We donā€™t, but some Sqns parade Fridayā€™s.

Is that close of HQAC day on 17th or midnight.

Also will thus be promulgated by official ibn or merely rely on those of us on Acc and people who check VoV telling others?

I was thinking the same. Now we play the game of waiting to see it via email. I doubt many people actually look at VoV regularly.

1 Like

OC Wg has sent the following to OC Sqns for usā€¦

Wing-wide pause from 21st December to 4th January .

Our permanent staff colleagues have been guided by the Commandant that they will cease work between Friday 17th December until Mon 10th January.

Any activities in the Latter period need to be advised to the RC via the CoC

Seems sensible

We had an email saying much the same from our sector commander last week.

What about compulsory building checks?
Security, running water weekly ( Legionella) etc.
If we are stood down how will these get done and will RFCA have to get checks done as they did after Covid lock-down!
Some may play it down but what about the cadets that use RAFAC as their only ā€œsafe havenā€ - they do exist!

1 Like