China & Russia

The problem is you have a large group of people in the West, let’s call them Morons who are happy to blame NATO for Russian aggression in the first place. (Jeremy Corbyn asking the Defence Secretary if he would consider removing our troops from Eastern Europe to “de-escalate” is one of many examples).

If the West had put troops into Ukraine such types would’ve been marching on Westminster.

Western troops deploying might’ve been enough to deter Putin, but the only way to find out was to do it and if he goes ahead anyway you really are at War with Russia.

1 Like

Ukraine can legally request assistance from other nations, irrespective of whether they are in NATO or any other organisation.

1 Like

I’m not an expert on the end of the Cold War but I’m seeing lots on like saying that NATO committed to defending Ukraine in 1991 in exchange for them giving up their Nuclear Weapons, anyone study that period enough to confirm that or not?

If I was an Eastern European nation I would be on the phone to Israel offering large amounts of cash for a few spare buckets of Instant Sunshine. Nothing beats an Independent Nuclear deterrent from making aggressors think twice.

1 Like

The agreement on nukes was between Russia & Ukraine IIRC, with the former guaranteeing to respect territory and borders in return for surrendering the stockpile to Moscow.

3 Likes

Correct.

It was a trilateral treaty.
Both the newly formed federation of russia and NATO agreed to defend ukraine. Thus giving them assurance to give up their Soviet Nuclear weapons.

Issue is, this agreement wasnt designed to protect Ukraine by one of the signatory parties, against another signatory party.

2 Likes

Is Ukraine going the same way as Czechoslovakia did in 1938. We all knew where that lead.

Good job the person on the ground knew their air recce so they could identify without a computer. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Flight Radar 24 has a waiting time of 28 minutes to get onto the site.

lots of people Looking to see if Jake21 is flying around the Black sea off the Crimea.

1 Like

I read that they’ve had unprecedented attempts to access since this invasion began! Admittedly, I was trying myself this morning with my brew! :rofl:

Safe to say you are not going to Russia after all eh?

1 Like

I’d say that Crimea was the Sudetenland and this is the rest of Czechoslovakia going.

Will Moldova fulfil the role of Poland?

1 Like

Moldova is very pro Russian. All this started when the Ukrainian people got rid of the pro Russian government under Viktor Yanukovych in early 2014. Putin Wasn.t happy and invaded the Crimea and the Eastern part of Ukraine where Yanukovuch has his power base.

Let’s not will this into prophecy shall we!

Far far too many out there and even on here a little too excited by all this.

I dont think some people quite grasp the reality and not even worse case of what could happen.

1 Like

Search for ADSB Exchange.

No waiting time.

I think that’s fair to say & I think peoples emotions of how they are coming to terms with this are all over the place. Yes there are a lot of people comparing to a WW2, yes there is worries if things escalate & what that means for us.

To be blunt if this goes proper south, any of our cadets who is over 16 could soon be being trained & in a conflict zone, fighting & dieing.

Speculation is semi-useful as it allows people to talk through their random thoughts & subject them to external scrutiny & logic.

1 Like

Poland will be the Poland. It will allow Russia to scoop up the Baltic’s so a logical target, is a NATO member so would trigger article 5 and has a strong national identity which would resist Russian intervention.

Fixed that for you

3 Likes

Interestingly the ship traffic in the Black Sea near Odessa seems unchanged albeit the military ships no longer showing up.

Yes if things go really really south but the initial demographic will be effectively the cadets we are training now.

I’m speculating but I feel in a current day conflict with hypersonic cruise missiles you could have most uk bases struck simultaneously within about three hours by the time of mass mobilisation of the civilian population things will be mostly over.