ChatGPT - is there a use within RAFAC?

That’s an interesting idea!

5 Likes

I think what it’s illustrating is that we may be over using SMEAC within the organisation.

It’s great for Tasks & single missions but doesn’t really fit for more complex things like camps & activities where perhaps the emergency service I.I.M.A.R.C.H. might be more appropriate.

So in that respect ChatGPT been good to demonstrate the practical nature of SMEAC & unsuitability for more complex areas.

1 Like

Omg! This is amazing. New tool for every work email or document now :wink:

3 Likes

Its actually really good. Im impressed

Interesting

Given that your brief to the bot is already quite detailed, could it be tasked to develop say, half a dozen variations on an ex with diff entry kit & limitations? Enough to force the cadets to think of a new solution.

Way of keeping ideas fresh.

I got an interesting response using ChatGPT.

I asked it to do an episode 1 synopsis of Breaking Bad if the cast was played by The Muppets and The Royal Family.

It refused to write a parody of the royal family stating it was offensive. I said about freedom of speech and it stated it has to be weighed against the risk of offence.

1 Like

I think so when I asked it to suggest addition limitations to test the leader it gave
-cross the river & then come back with equipment supplies
-have one of the team members deaf so harder to detail
-have one of team members have a broken arm to again restrict participation

One of scenarios it came up for the river crossing is that your air base near a river has flooded & you need to get the supplies for the generator from across the new river - I thought that one was quite inventive!

It will even give suggestion on how to complete the task so whilst you would need to edit & double check it would make things a lot easier. I think even if you run the same parameters it comes up with a slightly different result.

I’m thinking ChatGPT might make a good stem night.

1 Like

I agree

On a related point there is now an iDEA Gold module on fake news which could make for a good parade night activity too

3 Likes

Been trying to give it a go for the last 3 days now, but its always at capacity and asking me to try back later!

Used it to write an annual dinner speech :rofl:

3 Likes

Did you deliver it in Stephen Hawkins voice too? :wink:

keep refreshing the page, it’ll let you through after a bit. if you’re on a slower connection it will often take a while.

1 Like

It seems to be getter more powerful.

Did you use it?

Yes. Someone I know has trialled it with a funding bid too, no news of that yet.

:face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth:

Amazing use of it I’d never even considered! I used it the other day to knock up a checklist for experienced paddling club members to use when introducing beginners (as they may have no coaching knowledge) and it did a cracking job - saved me loads of time.

The skill is definitely in the prompts you give it and how specific you are.

2 Likes

Might use it for my citations / pen pictures

2 Likes

We’re forever being told that “the quality of MBE applications is poor”… worth exploring! :wink:

4 Likes

Wait out

How many ways can ChatGPT use the word pause without saying pause?