Challenge Coins

Well I’ve ordered my Squadrons Coins worked out at £415 for 75.

3 Likes

From where?

They do our TRF’s and have access to the MOD image portal. (So your coin has to obey the rules too).

2 Likes

I’m actually loving this thread - sheds some light on this challenge coin I received from a guest when I was working on cruise ships.

Does anyone else have any interesting coins from around the world - (if we don’t mind this becoming a “Share your …” thread.)

2 Likes

Next time I’m in the loft I’ll dig out my Operation Olive Harvest one from Akrotiri Camp

Was that double or single sided?

Double sided, 7 colour.

1 Like

Not my coin (can’t be bothered with the loft when Google is my friend) but this is the one I got in Cyprus.Project Olive Harvest Coin (Ozel)

3 Likes

Something I found out today, as my supplier has access to the official MOD image library then not only do they have to abide by MOD rules they also get MOD approval.

So if you have a Squadron badge on the front you must have the organisation one on the back (MOD rule) but they also send the artwork to the MOD press department who then say yay or nay. (Which they did within 24 hours). This is to make sure that there are no inappropriate Coins out there associated with the MOD.

So on the. Plus side if anyone in the organisation whinges about our Squadron badge I will now point out that the MOD press department had no issues with it.

10 Likes

From an exercise I went on a while back;

6 Likes

A recently acquired Challenge Coin of mine.

1 Like

Certainly better than the ‘I’ve met the Met’ stickers!

6 Likes

Yeah but you can’t plaster chalenge coins all over County Mountie vehicles.

That sticker is an antique, the pre-PCSO pre-Diversity ones are very hard to come by these days.

That’s diverse. Look… There’s a Lady Policeman.

https://twitter.com/5bnreme/status/1355073065911255040?s=21

Not sure if something this size would count as a Challenge Coin?

Squadron coins have arrived, got to say they’ve done a very nice job with them!

4 Likes

Any chance of some photos? Though guess that might be problematic with anonymity…

Happy to share by PM on a case by case basis, I’m quite open with who I am, but not the details of the unit etc. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Some great looking coins on 56 Sqns Instagram page!

https://www.instagram.com/56_woolwich_squadron/?hl=en

3 Likes