Challenge Coins

Somewhere I don’t own a challenge coin for the USAF unit which definitely isn’t based at Akrotiri and definitely doesn’t fly big black glider planes landed with the aid of Subarus.

3 Likes

Same. I don’t have one of those either.

Nothing to see here!FB_IMG_1637786413637~3

2 Likes

I don’t understand why they were ever kept ‘secret’. You could go on Google Earth and see them…

It’s the classic if you admit once then a denial or refusal to comment on another occasion can be interpreted as a yes.

1 Like

“Secret”

3 Likes

When was this 1984?

1 Like

Our trip that day was married by the actions of one officer. He had told two cadets to find a cut through from our accommodation block to the squadron buildings, but didn’t brief anyone else to look for it, and they missed it. This meant we walked a lot further out of the way to come back on ourselves.
The officer then drove past us in a minibus and shouted at everyone to run to the building because we were going to be late. In blues, in Akrotiri, in the middle of the day.

Prick.

2 Likes

Character building that

1 Like

It’s a poor quality scan of a print from a rubbish film camera

1 Like

It’s on my to do list that camp aswell as a revisit to ramstein

I had to pull out of Rammstein to do my flying scholarship

1 Like

And to bring it back on topic we have a Rammstein challenge coin

2 Likes

Du hast?

#NeueDeutscheHärtejoke

6 Likes

Had the chance to hand some out at my old Squadron tonight. We had a special one made for winning best Squadron in the Wing in 2019. (Only the second time we managed it in 80 years) but it never got handed out due to Covid.

So to celebrate “response policing week” they have dished these out to everyone on response teams at work.

Logic being that response team is always sucking hind teat, it’s where everything rolls downhill to and yet it’s a key business area.

It’s an interesting way of building morale and showing how much they care (last year they paid for a BBQ on nights) the only issue is that ERPT stands for Emergency Response & Patrol Team. So they have demonstrated how much they care by not even getting the name correct.

PM for contact details :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Swissssh

2 Likes

@daws1159 @kitkat they both look awesome!

1 Like