CFM Eligibility Changed

Trying to decide if you qualify under the old rules or if you’ll suddenly be eligible for the medal and clasp a day later?

Aaaaaaand…still no CFM awards to the ATC\CCF(RAF) in yesterdays Gazette…

Again.

1 Like

Maybe we just don’t have any long serving staff left? Has anyone asked what’s happening on SharePoint?

1 Like

One of my staff is being told he’s not eligible under the old rules (I think they are) and that they are eligible yet under the new rules as there 12 years would be too soon?! It makes zero sense.

Well, in 7 days time this call-sign will have completed his first year for the second clasp without even receiving the first one! I understand that the person dealing with CFM’s is off sick and they have my sympathies but its the principle of the matter. How about entrusting the task to a CFAV who has the time to deal with it?

Valuing our Volunteers my chocolate starfish…

3 Likes

I am over that year, but has been confirmed that my form is with the Medals Office awaiting final approval.

I suggested that before but was told it’s an issue of using volunteers to fill civil service roles, so it’s better to leave the post unfilled. Hell I’d be willing to do it if it’s possible to be done remotely away from Cranwell.

1 Like

It’s almost like Handbrake House try harder to find reasons to say No, than they do to process applications to recognise volunteers…

I applied early last year. Nothing heard since by me or Wing. With the new rules, anyone know if I need to reapply?

i would keep chasing your WSO/Wing HQ

I applied the week I was eligible and chased every 3-4 months…i can’t say i recall the replies i got, other than “its in hand” and took 9 months until i received it, although understand it was with WHQ for 2 months prior waiting for a “suitable occasion” to award it me

Part time jobs for staff (cadets)! Already BPSS’d and everything :wink:

I was told not to chase for 12 months as that’s the mean time… After that I will be knocking on doors

THAT is not on. Even for an organisation such as ours.

Kudos for wing being transparent about it thougy…they did their bit in a couple of days

1 Like

Well if mine has got to the medals office yours must be in the same boat/envelope?

That assumes that things are dealt with in order of submission

Can only wait and see but the timescale for all these awards needs revisiting. I know I keep banging on about it but there should be some sort of system whereby these things can be automatically triggered.

I’m not suggesting that the medals\clasps should be automatically awarded but if there was software in place which triggered the qualification dates, personnel records could then be consulted. Those who qualify (attendance, time-served etc), get forwarded to the medals office and those with periods of NEP or who haven’t met the criteria, get sifted out.

There has to be a better way of doing it than at present and without making volunteers beg for the damn medal.

1 Like

Put my application in at last, let’s see what happens…I was probably eligible earlier under the new rules, but couldn’t be bothered with the hassle of proving it, just waited for the 12 years. Wonder if I will have it before 14 years?

1 Like

Fired in my clasp application today. Flash-to-bang timer is running :smiley:

3 Likes

Sometime in the next Commandant’s tenure is my guessing

2 Likes

Probably about the same time we see commissions promulgated in the Gazette!

3 Likes