CFAV Recruitment

Other interesting snippets from the Recruitment Campaign briefing…

“Currently no female Service Instructors. Need to address this with marketing.”

I reckon the first step to address it would be to actually process people’s paperwork!!?
I had a female service instructor. Started as a CI and joined the reserves (at the time when doing so meant that she couldn’t remain as a CI and had to ‘remuster’). He paperwork was submitted 3 times and, apparently, HQ STILL haven’t got the message… After 5 years. :angry:

1 Like

In the entire corps?
That’s not correct.

That was my thought too.

I know multiple Sqns with female SIs… One of them is a Gp Cpt

1 Like

Maybe they have just given up on going down the official appointment route and just do it anyway

Actually, come to think of it, SMS says I have two service instructors both of whom are female.

Although they are not strictly speaking SIs but the only way they could put a Lt CCF (Army) and Cpt CCF (RM) on the system, although I doubt anyone went through the data pulled from SMS to check all that.

an interesting SWOT analysis - at least the negatives are. seems the author is well aware of the issues in becoming a CFAV, and then retention (ie admin burden) which is an eye opener that it is recognised…next is something is done about it!

The phone No on all of the HQAC produced recruitment flyers goes to RAF careers office -
Are they prepared to sign post potential new staff to the sqn?
Any one know of their success?

God knows…

I know there was a big push fairly recently to get Universe and SMS back in step with each other… I’d not be surprised to discover that we’re not exactly there yet.

Do they even know the phone number of the local Wing HQ, doubt it…

Not there fault though. Who organised this :see_no_evil:

1 Like

Incorrect - we have a senior female SI in the wing (likely to become an Air Officer in the next few months).

National campaign being launched 1st June. My favourite part is the first sentence “As you know” - do we???

1 Like

Hold the phone - think I’ve found a new favourite bit!

Link points to (https://www.raf.mod.uk/aircadets/the-hangar/resource-downloads/) which is can be accessed by anyone and any member of the public. Yet it states “do not use before 1st June”… Things you can’t make up!

3 Likes

In fairness, this was mentioned as part of a “MC Update” passed through the CoC a while back

Cadet numbers as of April 2021
Female 8,149
Male 19,141
Unassigned gender 4
Total 27,294

Unless covid has made this much worse than expected, I’m sure this is just ATC figures?

On-boarding quickly is imperative

Lol.

We are a progressive and inclusive youth organisation, with a
growing number of support groups for everyone including
those who do or do not follow a faith

Is this a thing?

I hear you asking why us? Well why not!

Clearly Denise doesn’t read ACC

This figure makes me sad and I’m not even sure that’s an accurate picture

A few years ago we were an org of 40k + pushing as goal to 50k.

1 Like

Unfortunately that was a few more years ago.

Give it a couple of month and the real damage caused by Covid will become apparent.

Bet there’s a number of squadrons holding their numbers up so they don’t appear on their RC’s potential hit list :man_shrugging:t2:

7 Likes

My Squadron has lost 30% of its Cadets as far as I can tell, but they have more than that waiting to join. Some of them have been desperate to join for over a year.

I actually think that in 6 months the numbers will be back to normal.

The long term damage is the lost generation of Cadets and the Cadets & NCO’s that won’t have progressed. It will be in 5 years when there is that 2 year gap between Cadets and NCO’s, I’ve had it before on a Squadron and it’s a nightmare, imagine what it will be like Corps wide.

4 Likes

This.

Weve lost probably 75% of my cadets which included the majority of my well established and trained NCO team… The cadets that have come back our mostly junior ones about to get thrown in the deep end a bit

8 Likes

Omg
Just read the recruitment material and the associated documentation…

Had to be sick, it was so gash.

The tag line of…“XXXX”… is embargoed but look it up ONLY WITH SICK BUCKET to hand.

Final # for “inclusivity” is equally vomit inducing.

Also… couldnt actually see what “national campaign” was happening… it seems more like to me, “just get everyone to tweet the same #”…

But it’s ok… they provide a cost break down for us to fork out on Facebook advertising costs…

What the…

The civ com leaflet is from 1990s and the radio script reads… well… read it yourselves… badly.

National campaign my backside.