CFAV Recruitment

I thought National recruitment campaign would mean money spent on prime time tv ads… radio interviews on bbc, newspaper ads. That sort of thing.

:man_shrugging:

To be quite frank, we won’t be engaging in this. We are in the very unusual and very fortunate position of having enough staff, and taking on more when there’s no clear need for them, nowhere to put them, and no roles for them to fulfill is just a waste of everyone’s time.

5 Likes

I’ve actually had decent results with paid Facebook Ads for Cadets, we targeted them at Parents & Grandparents and we got a decent amount of engagement for £20.

I assume you must be new here? :rofl:

Just read the # they would’ve been better off sticking with the next generation!

Anyway, isn’t this why we’ve got a Vorderman? Time to wheel her out again.

1 Like

That was chris

6 Likes

Indeed. So have we.

But my issue is… if this is a “national” campaign… shouldn’t they foot the bill?

Did you read the document? There is no money for this. I don’t think that’s a great way to run a campaign but it’s what we’re stuck with, so they won’t foot the bill.

So yes.

Did you read what I wrote?

My same point exactly.

We’ve lost about 33% of cadets but that will be reduced to just 12% after the new intake that start next week.

I thought a national campaign would be run for us, rather than expecting us to do this as well :roll_eyes::unamused:

Unfortunately I tend to have to read everyone’s posts. Some make that more tiresome than others though.

What is the point about complaining about it? It isn’t going to change by anonymously being passive aggressive on an Internet forum, so why bother?

2 Likes

the “campaign logo” breaks their own brand guidance :man_facepalming:

7 Likes

Personally I agree, there is no point in a National Campaign that is then being delivered locally.

They have basically just given us a load of recruitment materials which is nice, buts that’s not a campaign, that’s there job.

2 Likes

This is what I think…

Great idea, hit and miss execution but more than what we’ve ever had in the past so a good foundation to build on.

This is what I would do if I was in charge, which is probably why I’m not…

H2 2021 - Focus CFAV Recruitment only, repair the infrastructure to deliver a better Cadet Experience going forward… Recruiting cadets now will only mean that they will firstly get a poorer standard of experience because focus is trying to rebuild the Sqn and Org so retention during that challenging first 12 weeks is made even harder but secondly by the time they finish their first class training darker evening and winters going to be rolling in when the training programs historically get more classification training based and cam be quite dull. That in itself is challenge.

I would engage RAF Careers to actively push those over 20 wanting a career in the RAF our way to help gain life experience. Low cost budget for each wing to target advertising on social media and job centers etc. Its quite simple in the modern world… You don’t get results with out having to pay something upfront

This would be coupled with briefs and certain relaxations of processes to wings to simplify and support recruitment to get them in the door quicker, easier and on the books within weeks not months.

Then H12020 catch the kids returning to school in January with a cadet focused drive focused around new year new you kind of vibe… First class done by summer. When the weather’s all nice and they can go and stay on some rundown accommodation somewhere in Lincolnshire for the week

Im sure its more complex than that but in my brain this makes logical sense

2 Likes

May as well shut down ACC then

2 Likes

Because there is a world of difference between using it to share good ideas and good practice, get advice and guidance and just moaning all the time.

3 Likes

I love a moan but you are right… This could be a force for good but is becoming tainted with some militant moaning :joy:

1 Like

Me? Moi?

Never.

Ahh, that would possibly answer some questions at HQ lol

Can anyone with actual experience of using facebook paid for advertising, please explain to a luddite exactly how this works and what metrics you get on paying.
What settings can you make and what control over distribution etc etc.
Ta.

So when you boost a post it gives you the choice to set:

Maximum Budget
Duration
Age Group
Sex
It will then give you an idea of how many people are likely to see your post if you go ahead.

I tend to do 2 boosted posts in any recruiting window, the first for a week 3 weeks before the event and the second the week before the open evening. (Finishing on the night)

We will have our Squadrons recruitment video embedded in the post (I have a member of staff who does that so it will be upto date) as well as the general account email and I make a point of saying you need to book a place at the open evening by email as that gets them feeling committed.

I also link to our Twitter and then on the Week of the recruitment will made sure we do a couple of tweets per day they will be themed, so all the box boxes get hit such as Flying, DofE, AT, Shooting etc.

I’ve never done a campaign based just on Social Media and have always combined it with a School visit etc.

3 Likes