Celebrating Success / Feel Good Stories from the RAFAC

Lets hope they are not following the MOD’s usual methods with RAF Stations etc …refurb = ready to sell off! :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

1 Like

Not really sure of the right place for this post, but any MTA members who get a quarterly copy of The Professional Mountaineer; Our Corps Expedition Advisor has a 3 page spread on expedition health risks, which it appears is the first of 4 articles. An interesting read, and good to see what some of our senior volunteers get up to outside of cadets!

1 Like

Just to say that one of my cadets has been successful in gaining an Air League Gliding to Solo scholarship.

Very pleased indeed.

15 Likes

Woah woah woah… lool whoose won the lottery then! :joy::rofl:

Well, some good news for this squadron. Very well done.

5 Likes
1 Like

A visit to the memorial centre is a chilling reminder in the cost of young lives in that campaign.

This popped up on my news feed this morning.

I can’t find the story anywhere else, so I thought I would share it with you all!

RAF Museum & RAFAC join forces

5 Likes

Getting an Edge: The Impact and Value of the Cadet Forces in Wales

Not a RAFAC story but a good news story about cadets in general.

5 Likes

That will be one fantastic Camp Photo…

2 Likes

Was just about to share this! Looks like an awesome time so far. More of this please!

https://www.instagram.com/p/C_dZ1YMt6vc/?igsh=MXd0bGIyNW51bjU3bA==

Looks like a good camp then…

5 Likes

What an awesome experience. Fieldcraft with weapons and chinook flight?! Something normally reserved for JL or similar only. I assume this was a Sqn self organised camp? Awesome work by those CFAVs.

6 Likes

So plus point entering September - all the Facebook posts from squadrons advertising induction nights for new cadets. Great to see the variety of posters as part of the cadet recruitment drive

(Although some seem to advertising a long way from their area :joy:)

Cdt three peaks
Well done for completing it

2 Likes

Cadets have flown solo in the Tutor for the first time. On the RC SNI Linkedin page yesterday, popped up this morning as a few connections have liked it.

14 Likes

Was just about to share the same news from GMW facebook

1 Like

This is awesome to see. I didn’t realise we’d already started the new ACPS with the tutor. Great news.

3 Likes

Great news. And that’s a positive step forwards that I’m sure @Cab played a large part in.

7 Likes

https://www.raf.mod.uk/aircadets/news/gliding-continues-upwards-at-raf-little-rissington/

Some more good news!

2 Likes