Cadet Forces Warrant

Depending on which stores person I speak to, I either get charged for replacement uniform, or asked to put my WOs service number down on the chit, and get it for free…

You need to up your biscuit game then :wink:

3 Likes

Doesn’t show much integrity though does it?

Mines still in the tube and is going to stay there.

You aren’t missing out.

1 Like

I wouldnt start throwing around accusations of peoples integrity.
Anything I might have previously said on here will look like a puff of wind in comparison to the response it will get.

I will take it that you meant we shouldn’t ebay the stuff in stores or commit fraud, rather than taking a 2nd hand beret out of stores to replace a worn one.

Thank you.

If you are obligated to pay for something and choose to take it for free from new stock I would happily question your integrity or lack of,

if you were to be taking 2nd hand articles which can’t or shouldn’t be reissued then I would not do so as you are making use of that which would otherwise be wasted which is a good thing.

Only you know which you do and you can therefore feel despised or commended as appropriate.

Ahhh aligning cadet forces, will never happen. One of my gripes is WE didn’t engage with DYER which was all about aligning cadet forces. We could have all been “aligned” by now, if DYER didn’t derail the Air Cadet gravy trainset jobs for the boys and girls management structure.

A line I heard was do away with N°1s altogether in the ATC, which would be much better, as all they seem to do is shrink in the wardrobe. Which is baffling as my black tie garb, purchased before I got N°1s still fits nicely.

I think Officers only get a N°1 as a throw back to when it was all officers wore. But now it’s only for ‘high days and holidays’.

What recognition? This is all for something in people’s spare time and means jack in reality. Bit like being an officer, until someone wants to pin something on you, it means nothing and even less outside the ATC. I know people who go around saying they are this and that, if that gets them up in the morning fine, but it does nothing for me.

This FOI just came back in, the scrolls for the CFC cost £4.58 each. Lowest bidder and all that.
Basic maths puts this at 2820 scrolls produced, however this same person has another FOI in his history asking for staff numbers and that puts the officer count at more than 3000. Does this mean there are still 200 VR(T) officers kicking about?

I haven’t received my scroll either or been gazetted yet. I don’t expect it any time soon given the current conditions.

Hells bells! They’ve been fleeced!

2 Likes

Corrected that for you.

1 Like

Have you completed OIC and 12 month probation?

Yes. Passed OIC last year and passed OASC early last year.

Two things…

The approximate cost of these new scrolls for Personnel already serving, eligible and being transferred to the RAFAC commission is estimated to be £12915.60.

That is a very specific number for an approximation of an estimate!!! Surely they know how many were printed. And they commissioned a print run on it. And it was done last financial year. Why the hell are we doing approximations and estimates of money already spent???

This is based on an average cost of a commissioning scroll costing £4.58 per unit.

Does that mean some of us have more expensive scrolls, but some have cheap scrolls???

Just putting it out there, I think I’ve got one if the cheap ones - mine cannot have cost more than a bag of Monster Munch - and not a big family bag. A really rubbish “grab bag” with only 3 puffy feet ones in.

6 Likes

How can they get away with spending that much? Even taking P&P into account, it should not be costing almost £5 for a piece of paper.

It’s going to include payroll costs for the person who has to roll each one into a tube or in the case of mine and others I know, fold into an A4 envelope…:face_vomiting:

Pay peanuts; get monkeys.

1 Like

Maybe, but only if that person has no other job?

It’s like when local councils try to claim prosecution costs at an hourly for their investigators working on investigating your client. As if, if they hadn’t been investigating that client, the council wouldn’t have been employ them. That’s their job.

Nor me.

If I ever received a CFC scroll, it would be placed in my toilet for use if I ever ran out of andrex. My VR scroll however, is framed and hung on the wall of my office. Note the absence of the ‘T’ from ‘VR’ as my scroll doesn’t say, VR(T).

1 Like