Cadet Forces Warrant

That easier way could also tell them the names they need print on them. That seems like it might be somewhat important.

Do you think Led By Donkeys would be up for diversifying?

3 Likes

Better hurry… I have a nice new shiny office that I need to fill with tat…

1 Like

It isn’t an official warrant unless it’s displayed in the downstairs loo same with commissioning scrolls.

Both handy if you run out of loo roll

Cant take that long to send out a printable version they’ve had 7 months… :rofl:

2 Likes

Did the old VR commissions come in proper scrolls? I’ve never actually seen a new CFC scroll given that I’m still waiting for it.

@tmmorris posted a picture of one ages ago. I’ll see if I can find it later tonight.

I lied, it @kitkat

1 Like

That font hurts my eyes!

Yes.

My Regular Commission scrol and my VR Commission scrolls are identical aside from the fact that the former says Acting Pilot Officer RAF and the latter says Flying Officer RAFVR.

2 Likes

Don’t even get me started on the CFC scroll - it’s an UTTER POS.

1 Like

It is a shame that the new scroll isn’t of the same quality, and I think rightly people should be taking those complaints forward…

I think it is also a shame the relentless mud slinging about it… there will be plenty of new officers that will be proud to have navigated the minefield of a successful new commission (especially those pre-covid that have had to mess around with a full process inc. OASC) and this scroll will be proudly received.

It then takes a bit of gloss off when you’re told what you’ve been sent is a “POS” when you might otherwise have been pretty happy to receive it.

Also, the change has happened. Times move on. Your commission has changed. Your rank slides have changed. The ship has sailed.

Maybe it’s time to get over it?

5 Likes

Sorry but the enforced conversion to the CFC required a DIN to be produced (because prior to that it was against QRs). It was TOTALLY unnecessary - all that was needed was an ammendment to QRs to prevent Redress of Grievance action going higher than the relevent cadet force Commandant.

If you actually ever bothered to read the original Commissioning scroll you might understand that, for many of us, the CFC is an insult.

Oh, and the fact that my scroll arrived at Wg HQ in an envelope as opposed to a cardboard tube and got torn as a result of it being thrust through the letterbox means that I can’t even frame and display it. So, as i said, it’s an UTTER POS.

WRT to the rank slides, you know fine rightly that there was a poll held on BADER - RAFAC came third but it was foisted upon us - ie the decision had already been made and the poll was a total sham… I wouldn’t have a problem with having RAFAC on the slide replacing VRT but to have RAF Air Cadets is another insult - I haven’t been a cadet for 40 years!

And then factor n the slides didn’t fit and were made in colours that didn’t match the Wedgewood or Pullover. An UTTER shambles.

3 Likes

I may be being naive but I don’t know what POS means?

I never had a VR commission. I have a CFC one (albeit waiting for my scroll). I’m proud to have one and I’m proud to tell people who ask what it is.

I do understand the anger towards losing the VR commissions from those who had one.

1 Like

POS = Piece of s***.

If yours got damaged you can request a replacement.

The consultation, like all consultations the government do, wasn’t a referendum. The staff views would be one thing to consider among others.

Having RAF Air Cadets isn’t calling you a cadet, it’s saying that you work with the cadets. I don’t think the ACF/CCF(Army) lot have ever cared that their rank slides had that on them, even when they had TA commissions.

I am sad that I just missed out on a VR commission (paperwork issues) due to the history, but in reality I don’t see why we need reservist commissions. I think the way it was done was farcical and can understand the upset caused but the overall decision wasn’t an entirely unreasonable one, albeit foisted on us by the MOD and implemented by Dawn in a rubbish manner.

6 Likes

Am I right in thinking the Sea Cadets were able to keep the post nominals RNVR?

However I know they had a honorary commission before the CFC.

They were, and that goes to the implementation point for us.

Personally I don’t give two hoots which commission I have. Did it to be able to do more for the Cadets, not for me.

That said, the VR(T) is still framed and on the wall. CFC is in the tube (yes I got one!) stuffed in a draw never to see the light of day. Why? Because frankly, it looks utterly cheap and nasty, and on a par with one of those DIY legal templates you download from the Internet. The quality of the whole scroll is poor. The VR(T) scroll looks proper in all respects.

I feel for the people who only have CFC, as if they are all of the quality of mine, that is a sad way to formalise all the hard work they have put in to get to that point.

4 Likes

I think the quality thing though is not limited to CFC. I’ve heard similar complaints from the regulars about the quality of the recent issues. It’s all down to government funding.

3 Likes

Wow. That really is sad if Regulars are getting scrolls of poor quality.

1 Like

In theory, we should be able to get a higher quality copy of the original at private purchase from somewhere?

Is that a thing?

NOPE! Tried that.

They have ACF on their slides, in the same way that the Sea Cadets have SCC.

Because of the history of how the Corps was founded and continued.

I had this discussion with Dawn a few years back when it was all being mooted (I’d known her since the 1991 Xmas Draw at St Mawgan (I served alongside her ex-husband). She was adamant that we get rid of the VR Commission. As I saw and still see it, she was all about style over substance, lack of support to the workers, lack of real leadership, and very damaging to the ACO/RAFAC. Then again what would you expect when you put a ‘Scribbly’ in charge of ‘Ops’.

5 Likes