Cadet Forces Warrant

3 ply, who says the RAFAC don’t value their volunteers

1 Like

I think the biggest disappointment about the scrolls are the facsimile signatures. Pixelated and full of artefacts.
Anyone with a basic level in graphics could have cleaned those up. Easy job. It’s a pity that nobody bothered.

I’ve deleted the embarrassing content above and anything that doesn’t make sense.

Please try and remember you’re all adults and civility costs nothing.

This topic will open again tomorrow morning so you can all cool off.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically opened after 9 hours.

Here you go: CFC Scroll

2 Likes

that is how we ended up with VR and perhaps explains why…a nice history lesson or those not in the know
but doesn’t answer the question @Farmerdan asked as to why a reserve commission is needed

(the answer being it isn’t and hence the move to CFC)

i get this a lot.
one occasion i recall (although admit it was many years ago now) i must have been delivering training and at the mess some regulars at the lunch table had sympathy for us

“oh you’ve got a tough one, working on the weekend - did i hear you mention lessons, are you on a training course”

"we’re delivery it actually - "

queue puzzled looks from the regulars…

“we’re with the Air Cadets, we’re looking after the 40 kids over there” (pointing to the JRM with temporary partition in the mess which separated the JRM from the Sgts Mess.)

they were then intrigued by it all and shocked we volunteered.

on another occasion i recall being asked by regulars if we were Auxiliary as we were sat in our CS95 at breakfast

2 Likes

Please try and remember the purpose of this topic. It isn’t to discuss the merits or pitfalls of the type of commission we moved to.

3 Likes

I have been told and seen a pic of one being delivered to a WHQ so they exist!

1 Like

Have you got your frame ready?

Not quite… Walls ready though

If it’s the same quality as the CFC ones… I would be preparing a space in a dusty drawer instead.

I’ll let you know when I get mine

1 Like

Maybe the CCF get different quality ones from the ATC. Other than the fact the counter signatures could be better (and those are used across the board on current commissions) the quality seemed good. Either that or the VR ones were on amazing quality paper, and if so I can understand cutting costs by changing the paper used for commissions.

Vellum and gold leaf probably…

Probably got the crayola out and did their own ones :wink:

2 Likes

The poorest aspect of the CFC scroll is the low quality, pixelated, artefact-littered signatures.
That’s frankly unforgivable, because it would have been so easy to do it well.

I rather anticipate that the Warrants will be of similar quality.

1 Like

But that is common to all commissions at the moment, not just the CFC

Did you not copy the Pic for future evidence …

when it finaly appears i’ll have to find a wall to put it on,

I know plenty that are in peoples down stairs loos.