Blue Wings Ground Training

I did my latest batch using FSX.

Works just well to demonstrate the effects.

There is from 2FTS to AGSs when delivering the TTTs and that is P3D …

How many TLA can one CFAV enter in to 1 ACC post? :joy:

5 Likes

That’s a separate thing though, for Cadet training nothing mandated afaik?

You only have 2 as one is technically an FLA but they could all be MLAs depending on the SOPs within your AOR and the direction from your SME, WHQ, RHQ and HQAC?

7 Likes

We have a SQEP who deals with the SME regarding ATP TIs to produce LPs of the content and create VAs for our VDUs so our FS OIC can NFA from their POV while assuring the WSO we’ll hit our KPIs on our core deliverables.

2 Likes

It was an early RAvnO ‘minimum standard’ but it’s been given a damn good ignoring recently.

1 Like

It’s a bit silly when QAICs are allowed to do it and you can do that when you’re 16?

There’s no age limit for MOI, just need to be be First Class

2 Likes

Plus Presentation Skills.

2 Likes

Our Wing Aviation Officer stated in the Calling Order for his training course that it was open to all staff and MOI cadets

It may be different in other wings, but even though you only need to be First Class and Pres Skills qualified, when a course is over subscribed, they select by Master Cadet, Senior cadet etc. downwards, so unless the course is heavily undersubscribed, it is unlikely that a First Class cadet will get on it (in my wing anyway).

That may have been to manage numbers/likelihood of passing

Qualified Aerospace Instructor Course’s? Not sure how that could teach a lesson :laughing: . Now QAIs on the other hand…

Depends if they have their flying suit on or not…

1 Like

No self respecting QAI would ever be caught without a trusty flying suit :joy:

You can’t teach aviation in a classroom without one

So a local Sqn has got an Xbox with MS flight sim. It looks really good as it also allows winch launch gliders as well flying in the tutor.

However they have been told that this is not suitable for blue ATP as it’s “not an approved package & can’t show the outside & inside of the aircraft simultaneously”

We’re wanting to get a sim for our Sqn but not sure on route at the mo. Can any one confirm if this is the case as the Xbox route costs around £660 while the full PC route is around £3k

We bought PCs last year that run MS Flight Sim very well, with a large screen and joystick. They were £1400 each. Happy to send you the spec if that would help?

We saved a lot of money by buying licences online rather than from the PC builder or retail.

That would be great Thankyou although £1400 is still double the cost of the Xbox & attachments.

I was also drawn to the idea that online play could be done on the Xbox live servers between Sqns without taxing the unit internet too hard.

It could lead to all sorts of opportunities such as a wing aerobatic display from its Sqns just on the sim & other joint working.

The cadets would get the experience but It’s just that we couldn’t use it for blue atp at this time.