Blue Rank slides scrapped?

I’ve been seeing the new style of rank slides about but without a yellow or blue tag is this insted of the blue or just a mistake

Surly this is the old style. Anything new should have the colour band?

1 Like

Kings crown tho

Sure, it’s not 20 years old, but it’s still the old style, no? ie without the cadet/staff cadet band

Wouldn’t make sense.

The “Staff Cadet” wording came in before Charles was coronated, it therefore can’t be the old style as the wording is missing. Any from before the wording would have the Queen’s crown.

It could, however, be a private purchase from a site that hasn’t bothered updating their templates.

Looks like these with the staff cadet chopped off

Are they still going ahead with the “cadet” on the ranks slides? Not actually seen them phased in yet.

if not then this is an u18 CWO

1 Like

I’ve seen some on photos on SM

I’ve only ever seen the blue tapes on u18 FSC slides - thought the general rollout was to be done ‘at a later date’?

They were always available for CCF CWO’s as they don’t do the Staff Cadet thing. They became a thing for the ATC once they allowed 17 year old CWOs.

1 Like

Yeah but as that’s a new style rank slide but with out any colour tag have they scraped the planed blue ones?

@AlexCorbin one for you?

Does someone have a better grasp of the timeline to suggest that this isn’t just a rank slide awarded:

  • After the king’s coronation
  • After reducing CWO to 17
  • Before new, age-based, coloured bands were released.

?

2 Likes

This is rafac ain’t no way there spending money on new crowns for them to be replaced soon

I think it’s private purchase.

I’ve been searching but I can’t find any but it’s just really strange how close it looks to the new ones just without the blue or yellow (Sorry “Gold”)

This but without the staff cadet

1 Like

It’s different style of the kings crown and they also don’t sell none staff cadet version of the CWO slide

1 Like

Well spotted

1 Like

Some Sqn/wing has a stash and using them up. If they requested rank through the CoC the new ones likely would have been delivered.

2 Likes