Beard

I know a few who’ve gone with that idea already

It’s true though? You’re not bound by service law.

1 Like

So instead of a pragmatic view, it will be the standard heavy handed approach; “not whilst I’m WWO”.

I repeat, what are they gonna do? Charge you?

Will have to be OC or delegated representative (ie SqnWO) - otherwise it’s really not going to work! Unless the WWO inspects via Skype or something.

No. But if you don’t follow the rules of the organisation they can kick you out.

I should probably have clarified - I agree with them, to an extent.

We’re all volunteers, we should be allowed to grow a beard should we wish to (and should we be able to - I’d fail this test, I fear). However, we still need to represent the corps and our parent service well, hence I say “to an extent”. As long as it looks smart, I won’t argue - if it’s scruffy, then there’s an issue.

I for one am very glad for all those who benefit from this change, and look forward to a time when I might be able to (10 years, at least! :joy:)

1 Like

Would this be the first rule in this organisation to be put in place without thinking it through first?

I could be growing mine from now until the RAF’s 200th anniversary and still wouldn’t meet the standards :pensive:

1 Like

We’ve spoken about staff, what about cadets, who gives them permission? There has already been one request at our unit!!!:roll_eyes:

I imagine the same ruling applies, but it will all be made clear when the regulation is made effective either in AP1358C or a RAFAC IBN.

For now the answer is no.

I’m expecting an IBN any day to say that the regulations wont incorporate the RAFAC on the 1st Sept so calm your horses.

1 Like

Does anyone fancy posing the question on BADER? :joy:

Double dog dare ya! :smiley:

1 Like

Nope.

2 Likes

2022 action date at least?? :rofl:

1 Like

IBN now published here

Request via CoC to Wg Cdr and WWO is the final arbiter

Effective 1 Sep alongside the RAF

Wow. That’s actually a commendable response time!

2 Likes

More of a reaction?