Beard

7 Likes

Agreed… She despises me with facial hair but admits she prefers a full beard to just a mustache…

1 Like

Mine just despises me when I breathe

6 Likes

I would be difficult if not impossible to justify RAFAC having different rules from the RAF. Although i have always thought that many people in FTRS positions who are reliving their careers of 20 years ago and the RAF has long since moved on.

2 Likes

Yes I can see it being introduced into v4 of 1358c.

But because 1358c is a different publication to 1358 it has to go through the whole process again. Sponsorship from an Air Officer, business case to the command board then sign off

Dam, was going to use going in to uniform to trump OC home’s rule on having one…might keep this quiet :joy::joy:

What they dont know wont hurt them

1 Like

Until they see photos.

I hope there is the caveat included (or the ability for Sqns to have the discretion to request) that you have to notify your OC in writing before an attempt to grow one - otherwise a cadet will come in with fluff and try to pass it off as an attempt to grow one and it will be impossible to police the standard.

At least with the 'tache rule you can tell better by whether or not they’ve shaved the rest.

The RAF regulations will have a caveat that it’s down to the Station Warrant Officer. The individual requests permission in writing if accepted they are given a meeting date for 14 days time to demonstrate the correct length and style has grown in the 2 weeks if they fail to meet it they are to shave.

That’s how it was briefed when I was ar Cranwell 4 weeks ago. I can see some SWOs being very busy

I can imagine it’s going to get delegated down to line management.

Yeah.

Still gives the SWO the opportunity to say nope to beards though

Only on an individual basis though.

Damm BBC News :joy: I’m stuck with it, as per orders OC Home :joy:

1 Like

Well, you still have to wait for 1358C to be updated, as we are not RAF pers :wink:

2 Likes

Reported in the Telegraph this morning - coming in in September for regulars.

Info from the IBN is as follows…

Greater than 2.5mm in length, but no greater than 25.5mm.
Can not be patchy or scraggy. All the jawline must be covered.
CO gives permission and you must apply in writing to the station commander or equivalent.
Around two weeks to grow and then present. Where you either can keep or take it off.

1 Like

Good 6 months for me to grow the minimum then :joy:

1 Like

Well, the IBN and the updated AP reference states two weeks is only a recommendation. The final arbiter is the SWO… So if you are the SWO… Give yourself six months…

I’m going to guess that, for the RAFAC, it’ll be down to WWO or similar? We don’t really have SWOs, we just have Sqn WOs, right?

No idea. But what are the going to do? Charge you?