Beard

I love how passionate we all can get about facial hair, it’s brilliant.

I bloody hate it. It gets all itchy and catches on shirt collar

@Frenchy Do it. Turn up with the beard and challenge the baseless rule.

1 Like

Ah good. More policy announcements via our official communication platform.

4 Likes

So much for IBNs!:roll_eyes:

2 Likes

to be fair this is not a policy announcement, i wouldn’t even call it an announcement full stop. simply comments upon a discussion and a “likely direction” the organisation is going to head towards.

now it would be surprising if the opinion offered by CAC is contradicted when the time comes for a fat lady to sing, but that is why holders of such accounts should tread carefully on what and how they make comments.

it is not CAC’s place to make announcements on the RAF policy on Beards, but in her position well placed to offer an “informed opinion” on the current and future state of a policy…

1 Like

If you follow this advice please tell us how it went.:laughing:

1 Like

I’m sure that they can try.

2 Likes

One of my cadets has a beard for religious reasons. I wish I could grow one even half as good!

1 Like

It’s called genetics.
We had a cadet years ago who at 16 had an almost permanent 5 o’clock shadow.

I can’t wait for this policy change. I had a full beard until Sunday morning when travelling to OASC! It got a laugh when I mentioned it in my interview.

2 Likes

Join the Army & become an Assult Pioneer Sgt. Then you have to grow one :slight_smile:

Ladies and gentlemen. Hot off the press…

I know its the daily mail but I am looking forward to going into work on Monday…

First of September.

3 Likes

Feels like bloody Christmas! :clap:t2::clap:t2::clap:t2:

2 Likes

Now just to convince the long haired general currently serving as OC Home…

Though how long she has left in post is anyone’s guess

4 Likes

And how much do you want to bet that after years of copying every change from AP1358 into our own dress regulations regardless of how poorly worded or nonsensical it is, this is the time we deviate and don’t add it in.

6 Likes

Fair point. If we do copy it we will need to decide whether to limit it to staff only, staff and staff cadets or all personnel.

I’d say staff. Some staff struggle to grow facial hair let alone 15 year old jimmy

But then I know 15 year olds who have a 5 o’clock shadow by midday. You can join RAF at 16 so I would struggle to justify a ban on beards for 16 and over who can grow one.

It wont impact us on the 1st Sept.

CAC needs to decide if she wants to incorporate that policy and how (with advise from the 12 command warrant officers. Which looking at SM she wants to.

She then needs to take that proposal to the command board for them to decide yes or no or put conditions.