Beard

1 Like

Would this be the first rule in this organisation to be put in place without thinking it through first?

I could be growing mine from now until the RAF’s 200th anniversary and still wouldn’t meet the standards :pensive:

1 Like

We’ve spoken about staff, what about cadets, who gives them permission? There has already been one request at our unit!!!:roll_eyes:

I imagine the same ruling applies, but it will all be made clear when the regulation is made effective either in AP1358C or a RAFAC IBN.

For now the answer is no.

I’m expecting an IBN any day to say that the regulations wont incorporate the RAFAC on the 1st Sept so calm your horses.

1 Like

Does anyone fancy posing the question on BADER? :joy:

Double dog dare ya! :smiley:

1 Like

Nope.

2 Likes

2022 action date at least?? :rofl:

1 Like

IBN now published here

Request via CoC to Wg Cdr and WWO is the final arbiter

Effective 1 Sep alongside the RAF

Wow. That’s actually a commendable response time!

2 Likes

More of a reaction?

Can’t view that while logged in at work (conflicting O365 accounts) - does it state approval process for CCF?

Kind of. Approval sought from Wg Cdr CCF , thereafter “The Wing Warrant Officer, or equivalent in CCF terms, on behalf of the Wg Cdr/Wg Cdr CCF, will act as the final arbiter of what is, or is not, acceptable.”

Did you mean from me?

No HQAC reacting from noise about it

Anyways who’s looking foward to the “my wing commander/WWO wont let me grow a beard, what can I do?” Posts that will fill this place up in Sept??!

2 Likes

Why is there the need to ask wing? If it’s between the max and min lengths I don’t see the issue, as long as OC Sqn ensures they keep to the 2 weeks policy. And before people say they wont, how often does a wwo come around to check anyway? This is going to become such a big part of their roles I suggest the creation of a new wing staff role:

Wing Beards Authority Officer :rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Called it wrong there good sir!

1 Like