Bader Squadron Management System v5

What is it actually going to prevent you from doing that is so drastically bad that one night (if it happens) is such a big deal?

Look. I know this comes across as ,‘ungrateful’ or ‘miserable’.

But the reality is I need SMS tonight.
3x PIPES required.
New Staff training
Etc etc

Simply put, if the advertised time supposed to finish at 4pm. Then it should finish at 4pm. Or revert back to old SMS.

If I was 50% late at work… then again I’m not civil service.

1 Like

I have changes that slip out of the expected window fairly often. You make the judgement of how much more time it is likely to take and whether it is better, on balance, to revert to the previous config or to just push ahead. You keep the customers updated as you go though.

I would think that we are not at Panic Time yet. Let’s review this again at 18:30.

From your list above you don’t need SMS tonight.
PiPEs to do - it’s now events and can likely be approved by Sqn OC if you wait.
Staff training - why tonight, why would you suggest going back to V4 so you can do staff training on a system that’s changing?

3 Likes

Will this refresh kill off older, completed events? I am sick of having to cycle through events which occurred over 5 years ago!

I don’t think so - they should still appear in the completed list if you go looking for them.

Sorry, I meant the events which are completed, but haven’t been marked as completed, so sit in the ‘current’ tab for ever and a day!

I guess you haven’t been following the emails and announcements then?

• Activities that have had their post activity report completed, but were not marked complete will be marked complete.
  • All other activities will be marked as cancelled.
2 Likes

Not massively closely! Does it show?

My experience any IT timeframes are at best aspirational, especially when done a shoestring like what comes out of HQAC.

Mine too!

Have you tried the Ultilearn courses for the new Events module, I’ll admit nothing there for the rest of SMS but covers some good ground, and this will be up and available regardless of the sms progress

Wasn’t looking too clever at 18:30, but it is back at 19:00

Cadet registers seem to have undertaken a change - notably reduced values in cadets marked as present pre and post rollout.

Just reporting - enjoying the new layout :slight_smile:

Is everyone on it? It’s slow as death.

1 Like

I notice that the purge of old events doesn’t seem to have taken place.

The purge is probably going to be tomorrow - too much to do in one day. Aware of the speed issues and they are being looked at now

2 Likes

Wouldn’t surprise me if half the country has attempted to log in at once to “take a look”.

1 Like

It’s not that exciting. It can wait until I get to the squadron and only if I need to use it.

Also noticed this. Trying to access an old register I’m seeing a 500 - I’m guessing there’s still migrations going on in the background @james_elliott?