Bader Personal Accounts - They're Here!

Can someone remind me please.

Which civ com are getting personal accounts.

Is it all?
Is it reg civ com?
Is it chair and treasure only?

Ta

Probably 99% of staff will be **.**100@… as there will not be many people with the same name!; unless you are a Smith, Williams, Davis, etc.

1 Like
  • CFAVs correctly recorded on SMS (Officers / WOs / SNCOs / Civilian Instructors / Padres / SIs)
  • Staff Cadets holding a role account
  • Civilian Committee Chairs & Treasurers
3 Likes

“Commoners” … lol

Negative.
Just got home and checked sms.

All my civ com have it.

Great news. :+1::+1::+1::+1::+1:

…that’s not the info that was sent to Bader POCs :thinking:

I’m not questioning that… just reporting what I see. That’s all.

Are they all RCivcom?

1 Like

Do I recall reading somewhere very recently that all CivCom would get a log in (much like the Cadet Portal logins - they look like an email address) but only the select two would get an MS365 licence?

1 Like

That’s what it says on the personal accounts article on Bader

(Ditto staff cadets)

1 Like

No.

Words

Now all we need is an update to SMS so that this little panel shows people’s new Bader email address instead of their “primary” civvie email address.

6 Likes

I got my details from the Bader Hub Page…

Which on re-reading says;

Who will get a Personal Account?

All permanent staff, every Cadet Forces Adult Volunteer, every Staff Cadet, and every Civilian Committee member will be given a personal account which will allow access to our bespoke web applications, such as Volunteer Portal.

Who will get a licence to access Office 365?

All permanent staff and every Cadet Forces Adult Volunteer will get access to Office 365, which will include Teams, SharePoint, Outlook, etc.

Every Staff Cadet or Civilian Committee member who is fulfilling a recognised role, be that Squadron Adj or Treasurer will get access to Office 365 which will include Teams, SharePoint, Outlook, etc. If you are a Staff Cadet or a Civilian Committee member who is not fulfilling a role then there are currently no plans to provide you access to Office 365.

So yes for access to Volunteer Portal, no to accessing Email etc.

5 Likes

That’s the one.

That sucks.

They should all get email…

I’ve no idea where the money has come to E1 as many as we have, let alone adding CivCom in at an extra 4,500 accounts assuming an average Civ Com of 5 members

Reduced gliders to pay for.
Reduced number of rifles to pay for.
Reduced number of Sqns to pay for.
Reduced number of uniformed CFAVs to pay VA for…

I could go on…

But seriously.

Most likely out of a central MOD budget for Microsoft licences…
Just a guess.

I’d like to think that procurement was done fairly holistically, and most licensing won’t be linear by the time it gets to that scale: once central Government says it already has 200000 accounts, adding on an extra 10000 should be a lot less than 5% of the cost

1 Like

Yeah. The departments all do their own IT systems and procurement.

1 Like