Astra Clothing Programme

I’m hoping that the shirt is just a wedgewood, but the photo was taken in poor light conditions, rather than a prototype (The tweet just mentions a survey, rather than clothing trials)

Also, is the collar fastened, without a tie being worn? Urgh!

1 Like

That’s not a photo - it’s a basic CGI “person wearing a shirt” that someone has grabbed for the sake of the powerpoint.

I’m not convinced - if you look at the waistline, you can see the top of a RAF Stable belt.

and different jumper styles for each gender

Don’t remind me!

What happened to the RAF softshell jackets that were rumoured a few years ago?

Officers allowed to wear berets in blues??
Please?

1 Like

I would be prepared to absolutely guarantee that is not a photograph of a real person.

1 Like

Hmmm, can’t find the tweet on his feed

It’s mentioned here along with photos of the new gliding and VR badges in the wild.

There’s also discussion in that thread about a briefing on ASTRA from AM Turner to all CFAV.

And here’s the original tweet.

1 Like

I have a full set of RAF blue PCS at home. Trousers, Shirt and Smock.

I am hoping despite how unimportant we are in the grand scheme of things RAFAC is being considered with potential uniform changes…it would be nice to actually have uniform that properly fits the Cadets and is sourceable from stores.

3 Likes

As nice at the idea is ain’t happening. The sizing would have to cope with 12yo boys and girls to what I am increasingly seeing gangly teenage boys 15+ in need of special measure trousers. Now I tell them to wear dark trousers, if and until they can get to station tailor.
Above all we need a more utilitarian uniform (but not the sack of spuds which is MTP/DPM or whatever you wish to call it) to do away with potentially several changes of clothes during a day at camp. I’d be in favour of light blue shirts and coveralls, as in my cadet days. Our daughters as teenagers didn’t change their clothes in one day as much as I’ve seen on camps and they know how to change clothes during the day.
My wife finds it amusing that when we go on holiday for two weeks, we get everything for both of us in one case, whereas I go to camp with the same case and a bag with shoes and boots for a week, because you have to be prepared for everything, This is why that unless I can drive to a camp, I don’t go now. Far easier to sling things in the boot and less aggro all round.

Playing fantasy RAFAC again?

1 Like

Pictures?

1 Like

With Bravo Two Zero style blanking of faces if necessary. :laughing:

3 Likes

The RAF blue PCS would have been ideal. It could have been worn for everything we do - only really fieldcraft which needs a special uniform. If we replaced Blues and MTP with Blue PCS we could wear it for pretty much everything, then just have a stock of the trousers, wedgewood blue shirts etc for Armistice Day parade, drill competitions etc.

Yeah… No.

I don’t fancy cutting about like a gaggle of apprentice boiler engineers.

6 Likes

Ripping off the RN PCS would be easy, cheap and practical - but you’d then be called ’ Navy Cadets’, regardless of how much branding you wear on it.

The only way to avoid that would be to have the PCS in a light blue colour, which might fail on the practical test. It would look emphasis gopping as well…

2 Likes

It would be kind of similar to the big engineering firms where the bosses wear white overalls… 1 speck of dirt and they need swapped out. In my opinion it would be no, no and NO!

1 Like

Anyone any good with photoshop, and could take a pic of the RN PCS and make the changes? :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Stable belt, RAF beret, RAF Badges, etc, as an ACC mock up?

Personally I think the RN uniform is smart, having seen it in use, even seen it being used on the range. I think a light blue would be horrible.

1 Like