Astra Clothing Programme

Thought I was taking the the thread off topic for something frivolous. Have restored it. :slightly_smiling_face:

Maybe…

But in a darker blue.
And lose the French pantaloon style trouser bottoms. Straight cut would be better. No elastic ‘cuff’

1 Like

I think an overall dark blue PCS-looking thing with a light blue t-shirt could look pretty slick, but then I remember not hating some of the leaked uniforms from earlier this year so maybe my opinion should be disregarded.

Never mind disregard… Straight out ban from this forum.

Not in my Air Force. :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

I remember thinking the trousers didn’t look terrible and one of the shirts was alright, so I’m kinda with you.

3 Likes

Seems to be more and more prevalent now.

Odiham is personal choice on working dress, most people opt for greens.

2 Likes

I decided last minute to wear MTP to the OM AGM, glad I did… I would have been the only one in blues - tbh I can see a future of MPT and 1’s only

3 Likes

It makes more sense on many levels, particularly financial. I’ve sometimes wondered how much could be saved by getting rid of head dress (maybe keeping a stock in stores for ceremonial events).

There’s a thread somewhere on possible replacements for No2 dress, as it’s widely seen as impractical for a lot of tasks.

Seems hard to justify the cost of a bespoke design though.

MTP is readily available, practical and durable.

It also makes sense to be camouflaged on the ground.

If the regulars went to No1 & No3 could we have the remaining stock of No2 for our ‘best’ dress, chin off No1s for the RAFAC and issue MTP to CFAV?

Back on topic, good to see AOC 22 Group dropping in to HQAC.

2 Likes

Why…
If the RAF went to 1s and 3s. So should we.

What would we do when all the 2s were issued and no suppliers…

1 Like

Fair point, but cost?

I’d imagine that would take a while if only issuing to staff?

Tend to agree

#LoveABarrackShirt

3 Likes

They should ceremonially burn every hat and tie they can find.

1 Like

I do wonder whether a uniform like the police would make a good working dress.

Wedge wood blue UBA/wicked shirt with epaulettes on sleeves.

RAF coloured trousers but in cargo style.

Black boots

Grey/jumper blue fleece

Practical blue working dress & not as warm as MTP.

Still have Beret as otherwise the whole saluting thing goes a bit ping.

About time the RAF employed members of the RAFAC to advise on the clothing policy, it would be much simpler in the long run rather than having all the Walters pass their view on what they want. Let’s just hope they consider where all the medals go! Not to worry about the 12yr old, what about the XXXXL sizes!?

Not a bad shout, keeps the light blue footprint they are obsessed with too.

Blue PCS - already available. Would look smart with the stable belt.

1 Like

And the navy are phasing a type of it out so we could get it free too

I see little mileage in light blue PCs (would be a custom order - it was trialled and it didn’t work out) or indeed the dark blue which will just replace mistaking RAF personnel for Army with mistaking them / us for RN.

I do quite like the 3a combination used at RIAT, and by the various RAF engagement teams when more of a ‘blue’ look is needed.

I don’t want light blue - not very practical. Just use the same as the navy had. I have a full set of dark blue RAF PCS from the trail.

1 Like