Arms Drill Instructors Course (ADIC)

Why are they called save handling rules then?
[/quote]

I don’t get your point. Those are the rules you must obey when handling weapons. None of them say that you need to do a WHT to actually handle a weapon.

[quote]
Why not just WHT them and be done with it? They can go shooting then, too.[/quote]

Assuming we are talking about a parade night, you may not have the time.

You will find NSPs are easier to teach if you don’t try teaching it as the very first thing. I recommend starting with parts and characteristics.

I’ll be honest, the whole WHT thing doesn’t really bother me as we don’t have that particular rule!

[quote=“talon” post=3797]
You will find NSPs are easier to teach if you don’t try teaching it as the very first thing. I recommend starting with parts and characteristics.[/quote]

You mean just like the lesson 1 in Pam5C?

[quote=“Leeroy” post=3799][quote=“talon” post=3797]
You will find NSPs are easier to teach if you don’t try teaching it as the very first thing. I recommend starting with parts and characteristics.[/quote]

You mean just like the lesson 1 in Pam5C?[/quote]

Yes, a novel idea!

[quote=“Leeroy” post=3799][quote=“talon” post=3797]

You mean just like the lesson 1 in Pam5C?[/quote]

That’s exactly what I do. I would have been better saying they are taught in the 1st lesson and they are NSP’d before the lesson by myself…but it’s moot point and irrelevant to the argument at hand.

Reviving an old thread here, maybe some of you will see your old cobwebbed posts :smile:

Just looking for a quick answer here, what’s the difference between the SSDIC (Arms) and SSDIC (Adv) - presumably meaning advanced?

Been looking around sharepoint for the answer, can’t seem to find much that discusses a difference. Does the course even still run?

Advanced is a new one for 2023 and basically its week 3 of the RAF DI Course. Details being hashed out still.

3 Likes

Will it be open to all CFAVs?

Guessing by the course name DIs only.

This.

Can Officers attend the DI course?
What about Officers who also identify as drillies…

1 Like