AP1358c Updates Thread

Was it not always intended to be for actual RAF photographers, rather than just for people taking photos at events? (Which is what it would be for both us and the reserves most of the time).

media reserves apparently

Makes sense as they do a lot of video stuff and an SD cap would get in the way.

Didn’t know there was such a thing!

There is indeed. And they are rather good. They developed the Inside Air podcast for the RAF among other things.

It makes sense thinking about it, it’s one of those areas where most of the talent will be on the outside where the money is.

AP1358C, Page 87 - Female Hat :

RAFAC WO. WOs wear a hat with a patent peak with an anodised badge depicting an eagle surrounded by laurel leaves surmounted by a crown. (Only issued to RWO and WWO, optional purchase itemfor other posts).

This is in red and is therefore amended from the previous version. This is a change from the previous version where an officer style cloth peak was worn with a WO badge. Has anyone seen a photograph of this new style hat and will it be expected that they have to be self purchased?

Seems to be a copy of the male regs. There is no patent pealed cap for females is there?

I’ll confess to having not read that far down… but if memory serves the WRAF had a peak cap version with a patent peak which was ditched when they merged with the RAF. My history is a little ropey so there’s a good possibility I’ve made this up by conflating memories! I defer to anyone with superious knowledge!

1 Like

Yes, that’s correct, but it was a style not worn for a long time now.

I see the rumoured changes to No.3A have still not materialised, and that the example pics of 3A, still don’t match the pictures.

The beret change for officers is such a weird one if it’s a typo, because it’s so deliberate?

1 Like

Phew! My memory doesn’t fail me too badly yet!

Don’t get me wrong, I think the beret change is a sensible idea and something I hope to see rolled out across the wider RAF (it makes sense for a supposed ‘working dress’ after all). As you say though, it being left in is a big boo boo IF it is a mistake… which I hope it isn’t!

1 Like

Big Points for the first female WO to rock one of these:

7 Likes

Can we wear shirts, without tie in a jumper?

I’ve not read 1358C in ages, and I’m away, so can’t look it up.

1 Like

Nope

1. Jersey. Only the service issue crew neck jersey or V-neck style jersey is to be worn with working dress modes. Stable belts are not to be worn outside
    the jersey. When not wearing a proscribed order of dress, a short sleeve shirt may be worn under a jersey with the addition of a tie. When worn with the GPJ
    the bottom of the jersey is not to protrude below the waistband of the jacket.

I still see that on SM.

I can do what?!

I think not, old chap.
Just because one can, doesn’t mean one should.

3 Likes

Absolutely it does!

2 Likes

It’s worth doing just to annoy people who think you shouldn’t. It’s why I lived my Forage Cap so much as an NCO

5 Likes

You are the most horrific type of person :joy:

1 Like

Hey I resemble that remark

4 Likes