Air Cadet related masonic lodge

I’ve found joining the Freemasons was a nice next step from the ATC when I went to Uni.

I imagine you’d find a lot of crossover between the qualities of a good Cdt NCO/RAFAC SNCO/Officer and a Freemason.

1 Like

It can and does work. Depends on the esprit de corps of your staff I suppose…

Seconded.

I have been in a Wing where it was very successful with 2-3 social events a year and good “feel”

I have known of a Wing where it worked so well the Officer’s wanted in too (see above).

A Wing Social Club is not just an idea, but others can and have made it work…getting something like that going nowadays though I think would be tough

Big issue is that most wings are so spread out it’s difficult to get people together unless someone volunteers to drive an SOV.

2 Likes

A photo which comes from the following article some may find of interest to read

BBC News - Freemasons: Leaders tackle the myths behind the ‘secret’ organisation

2 Likes

Amazed that they’re asking the real hard hitting questions such as “do you have a funny handshake?”.
I mean I thought we were past that and journos could use their questioning better?

Its what the public want to know…

For me it’s the question about ‘are you secretly running things?’

They wouldn’t admit that would they…like asking someone at an airport if they are a terrorist🤣

1 Like

It’s a bit like British foreign policy where the illusion is that they are running things but in reality they struggle to organise the sandwiches for a buffet….:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

If you ever watched a committee meeting trying to decide how to organise a Ladies Night, or the arguments between a Secretary and Director of Ceremonies over how the minutes book should be conveyed between the secretary’s desk and the master for signing them, then you’d know the world would be in an even worse state than now if we were running the show.

1 Like

I like how in some lodges they do things that the blue book specifically says NOT to do (such as confirming tracing boards with JD)!

2 Likes

It’s not wrong, it’s a “Lodge tradition”

“Local workings” - I’m getting more & more sure freemasonry is just air cadets without the paperwork….

4 Likes