Air Cadet Magazine

No, it’s no longer being produced.

There are a number of reasons, including the resource to write it, the cost to the org (and whether it’s a good/bad cost), the purpose of it (and whether it’s fulfilling that), as well as an MOD wide moratorium on ‘printed periodicals’.

Focus at the moment is the new website, launching soon, and making sure we can populate that and social with content, and then we’re going to do some research on whether there is a gap for a ‘magazine’ and what that is (digital, printed in another form).

Side note…

I think there might be a misconception on the resourcing in comms at HQ. In literally the last couple of weeks permanent staff started / returned after a period of absence. There aren’t many appointed in primary CFAV roles, and many are dual or triple hating.

Hopefully with our permanent staff now getting into role and a new C1 out for recruitment, things will get better.

1 Like

:grimacing:
I’m so sorry, but, there.

I work in corporate internal comms. Proof-reading is the bane of my life.

1 Like

Sounds like there is a volunteer post open to you :wink:

3 Likes

What he sed. Plenty of vaccancies akross all disciplines @GrandMaster_Flush.

Even if if it’s just to help proof.

(In seriousness, we are eager for more professional communicators to bolster the team…

Edit - As well as others who may not do it for the day-job but have solid skills or want to develop in this area)

1 Like

I believe many moons ago one of the things that cadets subs entitled them to was a copy of the air cadet magazine.

As it’s no longer being produced, even in electronic format does that mean we get to reduce the subs? :rofl:

1 Like

If you can find the policy where it gave the entitlement then good luck :wink: :sweat_smile:

I suspect it also entitled them to a 3822 which was their physical record book…

4 Likes

Top 30 S05e13 Stress Relief GIFs | Find the best GIF on Gfycat

2 Likes

If there’s a promotion in it I could be interested :wink:

When it all kicks off I’ll have a look at what time I’m able to give up.

1 Like

I don’t know about you but these days I wouldn’t get out of bed for less than Sqn Ldr :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Too much work involved there, at least in theory.

2 Likes

Why not ask the Wing MCOs to create the content each quarter for it to be a digital format that can be added to Cadet & Volunteer Portal?

It wouldn’t then require a single person or a team at HQ to create something new everytime and would likely be full of content that we all want to read.

I for one, like to see what is going on elsewhere in the organisation and the magazine went someway to provide this. Comms in this organisation is shocking (not everywhere) and so to hear something from outside my unit is always nice.

2 Likes