Air Cadet Magazine

WE received the latest version of Air Cadet Magazine last night, and several cadets in the pictures are in breach of dress regulations, not one of the shooting team had their Air Cadet Flashes. There was a cadet wearing a webbing belt outside his blue jumper. How do these pictures get published!!!

2 Likes

Not the first time it has happened and won’t be the last. Are you suggesting good news stories should not be posted due to poor photos?

If in doubt, give CAC a call and let her know of your disgust.

[quote=“5432golf” post=3810]Are you suggesting good news stories should not be posted due to poor photos?[/quote]It has been suggested a few times and if it means that squadrons take a little more care about the photos they submit then that is great.

Not the first time it has happened and won’t be the last. Are you suggesting good news stories should not be posted due to poor photos?

If in doubt, give CAC a call and let her know of your disgust.[/quote]

Although I wouldn’t go as far as to snitch to the CACWO. I’d hope he reads ACM and would remind the Sqn of the dress regs.

I wish they’d keep their online copy up to date - it is showing the Summer 2012 edition

Because, in the grand scheme of things, it doesn’t actually matter?

Finding creative ways to take the proverbial out of dress regs is all part of the game… :silly:

A true reflection of many units in the Corps then :stuck_out_tongue:

That’s no great surprise; the supply of these badges has been atrocious!

That’s a new one for me…What sort of webbing belt? A green “webbing” belt, like 58 patt or PLCE? I look forward with interest to the photo…

Ah, now, that’s an easy one…because the editor is interested in media, not dress regulations.

Everytime the comic comes out and there are these gripes and as said does it matter. Most of these pictures will have been in local papers, on websites and so on. The only real question is does it matter? They show the most maligned age group doing positive things, which always gets a good response from Joe Public.
I know my sqn would come in for crticism as on some public events, where cadets are assisting with ‘dirty jobs’ I mix and match so that we don’t get confused for being army cadets.

I think that given the poor/disrupted supply of scaled uniform items and requirement to scrounge or privately purchase other uniform items, overall as an organisation we do pretty well.

Try getting enough for a large sqn from WHQ… We struggle constently with them! Most of my cadets have them on their shirts for uniformity.

I can’t see this picture?? If you mean the RAFCT Concert image then its not a webbing belt but a money belt for keeping change in when selling programmes…

I honestly can’t see any major dress regs being flouted in the latest issue. No CWOs in peaks and short sleeves or no GPJs… Shame really…

Excessive makeup on Cadets!
Smiling whilst running around with a weapon system!
No RCO/Safety in shooting pictures!
Strange webbing belts in No2 dress!

I’ve only flicked through, not really had time to read and look properly, but no doubt there is more!

[quote=“Leeroy” post=3834]I honestly can’t see any major dress regs being flouted in the latest issue. No CWOs in peaks and short sleeves or no GPJs… Shame really…[/quote]They do have a Cdt FS LLC in No2 dress with a peaked cap on page 17

[quote=“merlin456” post=3901]Smiling whilst running around with a weapon system!
No RCO/Safety in shooting pictures![/quote]They aren’t allowed to smile?
I see 1 picture of a cadet shooting and it has a supervisor visible. Fieldcraft isn’t covered in ACP50 :slight_smile:

[quote=“incubus” post=3906]They aren’t allowed to smile?
I see 1 picture of a cadet shooting and it has a supervisor visible. Fieldcraft isn’t covered in ACP50 :)[/quote]

Of course they shouldn’t be smiling this organisation is nothinig to do with havung fun and enjoying ones self

Then their should be no pictures of it…???

Punctuation is everything!

We received the Air Cadet TRFs when they first came out, but haven’t received any since. We never did receive any Air Cadet breast-tapes.

So you all hammer on about dress regs when it comes to MTP, yet when things like this happen you all seem to be ok will letting it slide.

How about just publish a story without a picture?

Yes it does matter. Apart from the obvious standards and bearings you all seem to gob off about for MTP it just makes the cadets look unproffessional and a bit of a joke.
Yes they are kids but that doesnt mean you just let them crack their own detail.

Stressed much?

[quote=“RearAdmiralScrinson” post=18285]So you all hammer on about dress regs when it comes to MTP, yet when things like this happen you all seem to be ok will letting it slide.

Yes it does matter. Apart from the obvious standards and bearings you all seem to gob off about for MTP it just makes the cadets look unproffessional and a bit of a joke.
Yes they are kids but that doesnt mean you just let them crack their own detail.[/quote]

Unprofessional to who really? Most likely only cadets and cadet staff see the comics, it’s not like it’s published and sold to the public. Plus, any public who see it will not know the dress regs, so it’s all good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Plus, again, if we aren’t issued with the badges you can’t really whinge that people aren’t wearing them…and I certainly wouldn’t ask my cadets to spend £2.25 plus shipping to get one of these badges from ripoff direct.

We actually have a really good supply of them up here so its not a real issue but I know plenty of wings have been issued with 50 badges for 1000+ cadets…

[quote=“RearAdmiralScrinson” post=18285]So you all hammer on about dress regs when it comes to MTP, yet when things like this happen you all seem to be ok will letting it slide.

Yes they are kids but that doesnt mean you just let them crack their own detail.[/quote]
Well it’s good news for you then, because the FI patch isn’t worn in PCS so that will be one less thing to worry about.

[quote=“MattB” post=18295][quote=“RearAdmiralScrinson” post=18285]So you all hammer on about dress regs when it comes to MTP, yet when things like this happen you all seem to be ok will letting it slide.

Well it’s good news for you then, because the FI patch isn’t worn in PCS so that will be one less thing to worry about.[/quote]

Its the principle. One minute saying obey by the letter, the next you are saying give them a break.

Or is it only obey the rules that make you look “ally”?

1 Like