ACPS Cancelled: another kick in the teeth

vrt memes going in hard on this one

4 Likes

They say that banning u18s was the only way to reduce the risk. That means they considered that it would still not be safe with CFAVs there as that surely was considered first

Not the day thatā€™s the issue theyā€™d have to live there

ā€¦out of the options considered.

You would hope so, but there seems to be a disconnect with the logic applied to just about everything else we do, if that was considered and discounted.

2 Likes

To be fair to HQAC, it wasnā€™t their decision to put up refugees in the hotel!
The risk would be removed if the refugees were removed, but thatā€™s never going to happen.

The obvious answer is to rewrite the tender for the new contract to include the clause that cadets have exclusive use of any accommodation provided by the scholarship provider, but again, thatā€™s never going to happen!

1 Like

Then do not annual camps, courses etc not fall into the same category?

Hold upā€¦ Is this whatā€™s caused the safeguarding issue? As Iā€™ve not heard this beforeā€¦

1 Like

Hang on, thereā€™s another issue here. Its okay to send over 18 cadets into a location where ā€˜somethingā€™ might or has happened, but we canā€™t for under 18s.

What happened to duty of care for the over 18 cadets, we keep being told that even over 18 are still cadets!!!

1 Like

Can we confirm that this is the reason? Itā€™s news to me. Have I missed something? Iā€™ve only heard itā€™s a safeguarding issue, no more details.

If it is true I have many questionsā€¦

1 Like

Iā€™m sure it isnā€™t the reason. But if it turns out that the only reason is that refugees were being hosted there but previously other members of the public were staying there then Iā€™m out.

There is absolutely nothing about refugee status that makes you more of a risk to children than any other adult who may stay there. And to suggest otherwise is Daily Heil dog whistle racism pure and simple.

Surely we should be more concerned about the Met police officers who are CFAVs?
Iā€™m being facetious, I know itā€™s a very small number giving you a bad name, but itā€™s the same type of generalisation

7 Likes

If what @Turbo said is true then Iā€™m dumbfounded.

However I really canā€™t believe that is the reason. HQAC have made some bad decisions recently, but I canā€™t see that being one of them.

If itā€™s a statement without basis, as I suspect it is, itā€™s one dangerous accusation to be making on a forum like this in terms of the public perception of our organisation.

One other thought. Whatā€™s going to happen to the places that have just been vacated by u18s? Will they be awarded to the unsuccessful O18s or will they be left vacant whilst Tayside continues to get paid?

From what I have heard about the situation that is fundamentally untrue

1 Like

I was thinking this.

Imagine being a 17 year old, ā€˜winningā€™ your place on the course and now seeing a- you being taken off it, and b- the 18 year old you beat in selection getting your place instead.

I really hope some parents will give CRAFAC a severe sh**storm over this.

1 Like

Unleash the rage!

2 Likes

Oh I agree it would be horrible. But now itā€™s been done Iā€™d rather the space was used rather than the money being spaffed up against the wall

Itā€™s not that bad.
Stay on and reapply.

1 Like

Good point well madeā€¦

Further evidence that the CFAV cannot be trusted to reduce risk

What is wrong with accommodating them at Leuchers with CFAVs, 16 minutes by road if a minibus is organised and on a military base?

Can you imagine the VA bill for asking a CFAV to supervise ACPS? :astonished:
That;s absolutely too much money!