ACP 1358 - New Dress Regs

if that is the intent the update published today would have made it clear it’s not to be worn from 3rd July as it has with the cadet and WO/SNCO TRF

1 Like

Should have made it clear.

Let’s be honest our comms aren’t the best. IF ACP1358 gets updated, then that will be what is followed.

2 Likes

Yeah im not 100% sure why the brief excludes officers, its been briefed out and again reinforced this week it will include officers.

I wouldn’t read any ‘intent’ into an omission… We should all know better than that by now. :wink:

The update also states that as of now, nobody should be wearing the cadet or WO/SNCO flashes any more; Implying that we wear nothing on the right sleeve until the new badge appears in July. I have no idea if that was the intent or not.
Intent is often poorly communicated around here.

3 Likes

If I read the brief correctly Service Helpers will also be expected to wear it. Maybe just when on cadet activities?

“Service Personnel will be able to collect direct from the Logs HQ Team.”

Could be interesting if anyone does any all day training on 3 July having to swap patches at midday to avoid being incorrectly dressed, seems a peculiar time to select rather than midnight as few of us are active at that time. Glad as a CI I don’t need to replace mine anymore.

2 Likes

I thought this was a bit odd too! Wondering if they’ve set it at midday so that there can be some kind of changeover ceremony? :eyes:

1 Like

I read that as the regulars at HQAC rather than service instructors

1 Like

Yeah, I don’t think that means Service Instructors.

But. But. But. This is a regulation document.

How can it be written such that it’s open to interpretation???

:wink:

1 Like

How long have you been in this organisation?

Any suggestions on variations on how this will be implemented?

1 Like

Someone is going to accidentally post the image into Acp1358 upside down. Then we can all have fun

2 Likes

If the update is not super clear that it includes officers I will continue to wear the old one and carry around a laminated card of the page highlighting the omission.

Just because I can.

12 Likes

Bloody lawyers

2 Likes

Officers never stopped being allowed to wear it…

What have you been wearing? :rofl:

1 Like

I would happily contribute to a GoFundMe to pay an acceptable to bribe/reward to the person who makes this happen.

2 Likes

CCF officers had to wear the CCF one instead

3 Likes

Just seems an expensive exercise to get all uniformed RAFAC personnel wearing the new badge in 3s. If they want me to sew it onto my shirts & jacket I’ll certainly need more than 2 as will many others I reckon. But I’m sure it makes sense to their Airships at HQ

1 Like

Ah…makes sense

1 Like

Well, we were supposed to, anyway…

1 Like

Kevlar Hi Viz being issued next year ! :rofl:

1 Like