ACP 1358 - New Dress Regs

That’s right. Last time I submitted a 765 you needed a fix for it as well.

Don’t think its just that, cadets can only wear cadet helmets which I believe are lighter so there’s less chance of neck injuries. Not too sure on the availability of said helmets, that combined with the cost and how unnecessary they are for most cadet exercises is probably why they are never used. At least that’s how it was explained to me.

2 Likes

Why would they cost money? They don’t exactly expire, the last JLs to wear helmets were probably wearing the same Mk6s I was on my course, just with new covers.

I imagine they went for exactly the reason Novet suggests.

1 Like

Yes there is a cadet training helmet (it’s more or less a climbing helmet but shaped like a U.S. Army ballistic one). Like all green stuff we are not scaled for them.

Don’t think you’ve ever mentioned you were a JL :thinking::rofl:

3 Likes

And DS.

2 Likes

Was that a gen question or part of the old ‘how do you know if a JL is in the room joke?’*

*They’ll tell you.

4 Likes

Part of the old I’m afraid. Not very original, pretty much one track on this record.

1 Like

I see this abomination has now been formally announced on sharepoint. glad that commissioned cfavs have not had the option to wear the RAF TRF deleted.

1 Like

Formally re annnounced, technically.

2 Likes

Don’t be too glad… When the ACP is updated it will be removed. All RAFAC personnel will wear the RAFAC formation patch - as that’s the formation we are.

8 Likes

Including CCF cadets? Don’t they wear a CCF badge currently?

1 Like

Well… I am told that the CCF(RAF) will wear it as well… “One RAFAC” and all that. Though I have no doubt that there will be pockets of resistance :wink:

2 Likes

This is great news too then! So now all we need is a RAFAC beret badge for all RAFAC cadets to wear too :smiley:

TBH there were pockets of resistance to the purple one, too. I have both, on different blanking patches, and wear whichever one I’m in the mood for (and depending who I am working with at the time!)

2 Likes

One for each arm?

1 Like

I’m quite contrary, so as soon as they order me not to wear the purple one it’ll come back out again. (When we were told not to wear the RAF one it irritated me similarly!)

1 Like

So can we wear the RAF TRF again now? confused yet hopeful

1 Like

Can you define ‘formation’ for me?

If you are commissioned you always have.