ACC Update and Review

Dear Users,

ACC has been growing steadily recently and we are looking at how the site works and how it could be made better.

With the emphasis on making the site more useable, useful and engaging for the user:

How, if you could do anything at all with ACC, would you change/improve it?

Cheers

DJ

Personally, I’d improve reliability before adding new features,

Issues like that seems to be occurring too often

I’ve noticed that the tapatalk app for iPhone doesn’t work anymore since updating to the latest version. See attached error messages.

MB

[attachment=77]image.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=78]image_2013-06-30.jpg[/attachment]

Guys,

thanks for the feedback. To address youur issues, Tapatalk is now fixed and the other errors, aside from that, were because of issues beyond our control.

To that end, unfortunately I’m not the all seeing eye, and if you’re having issues you need to let us know. Most issues can be fixed in a very short period of time.

Since moving to the new software there have been only a couple of problems with reliability and have been fixed in a speedy manner.

If you’re still having issues please, please let us know as soon as you see them.

That aside, all comments on how to improve the site as a whole are still welcome.

Thanks all,

DJ

I’ve not noticed any errors yet.

I’m pretty sure I used to be able to see myself listed in ‘Who is Online’, but no longer.

Obviously, I know I am on line so it’s not necessarily a fault, just different…

I would still like to explore a better PM system, if one exists.

Some posters or promotional material that can be printed off and put up on squadron to encourage new users would be good.

I’ll have a go at making some, but it might be a while before I get time.

what kind of features would you like from a pm system?

In the old forum, on the full topic editor there was a quote box next to each and every previous post in the list at the bottom of the page. Can we bring this in as it would make replying to multiple posts much easier?

Somethingt that means when you’re PMing someone about a specific post it copies that post into the PM?

Interesting, and I can see why - I’ll look into it.

Unfortunately many users of Kunena have asked for this from the developers and they have yet to implement it :frowning:

[quote=“Hendon Chipmunk”]I’m pretty sure I used to be able to see myself listed in ‘Who is Online’, but no longer.

Obviously, I know I am on line so it’s not necessarily a fault, just different…[/quote]

Have you set your visibility to ‘hidden’ in your user profile?

I’ll see what I can do

Cheers

DJ

[quote=“djrice” post=8931]

[quote=“Hendon Chipmunk”]I’m pretty sure I used to be able to see myself listed in ‘Who is Online’, but no longer.

Obviously, I know I am on line so it’s not necessarily a fault, just different…[/quote]

Have you set your visibility to ‘hidden’ in your user profile?[/quote]

Just checked, Show Online = Yes.

Saved my profile anyway and got this error:
JUser: :_load: Unable to load user with ID:

Followed by:
Your profile has been saved.

And now I’m back in the ‘Who is Online’ list! Cheers!

Couldn’t help notice there is another ‘Who’s Online’ list that only appears when I view my profile and although some names (including myself) are on both, there are some discrepancies:

As of 1836 BST:

Who is Online (at the bottom of the main forum page):
Total users online: 5 Members and 21 Guests Online

Who’s Online (at right of Profile page):
We have 21 guests and 11 members online

(I should add that it doesn’t bother me in the slightest but I thought I’d point it out in case it’s a symptom of a wider problem in the system.)

[quote=“Hendon Chipmunk” post=8955]Couldn’t help notice there is another ‘Who’s Online’ list that only appears when I view my profile and although some names (including myself) are on both, there are some discrepancies:

As of 1836 BST: