ACC Replaced by Facebook Group Shocker

I believe it was in ACP20B but after a quick look through all the ACP’s\ACTO’s I’m unable to find it. My understanding is that upon completion of the ATF DI course, DI’s are entitled only to carry a pacestick when engaged upon drill instructional duties.

If people are wearing ammo boots, then unless a policy letter has been issued and I’ve missed it, they are not authorised to do so.

Happy to be proved wrong by a DI upon production of the appropriate reference.

Not explicitly. The AP says you should wear DMS Shoes. Pink Tutu argument ensues. Ammo Boots lose.[/quote]
No pink tutu about it. If the good book doesn’t explicitly state that you can, then you can’t. It specifies shoes DMS and NOT boots, ammunition, crunchy, for the use of.

Therefore, shoes are to be worn, not boots. Simples

[insert Meerkat squeak here]

Not explicitly. The AP says you should wear DMS Shoes. Pink Tutu argument ensues. Ammo Boots lose.[/quote]
No pink tutu about it. If the good book doesn’t explicitly state that you can, then you can’t. It specifies shoes DMS and NOT boots, ammunition, crunchy, for the use of.

[insert Meerkat squeak here][/quote]

That IS the pink tutu argument.

I have to admit that once upon a time, I felt that ammo boots shouldn’t be worn by SNCO(ATC). I now feel that the ACO has far greater problems to consider and I’m (personally) sanguine about whether or not individuals wear them.

Too much time, effort and hot air has gone into debates about ammo boots, DPM rank slides et al, when there are far bigger issues to address within the Corps.

[quote=“Gunner” post=10101]I have to admit that once upon a time, I felt that ammo boots shouldn’t be worn by SNCO(ATC). I now feel that the ACO has far greater problems to consider and I’m (personally) sanguine about whether or not individuals wear them.

Too much time, effort and hot air has gone into debates about ammo boots, DPM rank slides et al, when there are far bigger issues to address within the Corps.[/quote]

You would be bang if it weren’t for the double standards being exercised. (not talking about you btw)

[insert Meerkat squeak here][/quote]

You couldn’t be more right try telling that to Cadets and they just don’t listen don’t know how they cant get it into their heads

If any of your cadets pitch up wearing crunchy boots, talk to your OC, get his backing then go out onto the parade square and hand out some new BOTTOMS to the offenders.

Or take them for a run out on your local training area in said boots. Repeat every time they turn up in them until:

a) the polish on the uppers is destroyed beyond repair

or

b) the silly b…oys get the message that they shouldn’t be wearing them.

To be fair don’t have this issue on our Sqn the Cadets wouldn’t dare lol They all have access to AP1358C so they have no excuse

current topic I spotted

Quick question; are cadets aloud to use pace sticks? I cant remember

at the time of posting 112 replies

within three posts the topic was closed…yet it carried on for 100 more discussing the ins and outs of the regs indicating who can/cant and the benefits

Many of the uniform debates baffle me when there are IMO far mor important things in the Corps pertaining to staff in relation to development, recruitment, retention among other things, classification training/exams, EWOW etc.

However it is true to say we have things we regard as important and get quite passionate about them.

[quote=“glass half empty 2” post=10114]Many of the uniform debates baffle me when there are IMO far mor important things in the Corps pertaining to staff in relation to development, recruitment, retention among other things, classification training/exams, EWOW etc.

However it is true to say we have things we regard as important and get quite passionate about them.[/quote]

To be fair there really shouldnt be any debate on uniform the AP tells you what you can wear if the AP dont say you can wear something you cant its pretty straight forward abd to me it leaves no room for debate

[quote=“steve679” post=10113]current topic I spotted

Quick question; are cadets aloud to use pace sticks? I cant remember

at the time of posting 112 replies

within three posts the topic was closed…yet it carried on for 100 more discussing the ins and outs of the regs indicating who can/cant and the benefits[/quote]

I have just seen this one what gets me is they get give a quote from the AP by someone and because they dont like the answer its wrong how dose that work? I am glad we dont really have this issue here