ACC Replaced by Facebook Group Shocker

Can we ensure that we deliver that product without bell-ends jumping on new, naive, novice posters and berating them?[/quote]

that is in part the role of the mods to regulate and for general users to moderate via other comments “ignore Jones, he has some beef about this topic, what you need is…” and potentially the use of Karma

flicking through the FB page last night i suspect a reason for its popularity is how instant it is. no extra “log in” required, and while looking at yoru cousins photos of Disney land you recieve updates (notification bleeps) that the topic has been updated. at best that is only achieved by subscribing the a thread on ACC and then checking emails/setting up a similar “instant” notifiation warning.

topics can go very quickly in that format.
on the flip side it does not offer a avatar of who you are, posting are directly linked to an real individual who’s name and photo at least is known rather than a pseudonym as many do here

Seems some squadrons and wings run via Facebook at times!

I like the old-style forum idea, even in this day and age of Facebook/Twitter/Bebo…well maybe not Bebo.

Interesting thread.

A tolerated facebook group.

Gonna get medieval on them and shut them down? I love the veiled threat, dark forces at work… :lol:

[quote=“barber” post=10042]Interesting thread.

A tolerated facebook group.[/quote]

Interesting comment.

On what grounds would HQAC not be able to ‘tolerate’ the existence of the group?

[quote=“jacques” post=10044][quote=“barber” post=10042]Interesting thread.

Interesting comment.

On what grounds would HQAC not be able to ‘tolerate’ the existence of the group?[/quote]

More importantly, how would they expect to shut it down? It doesn’t breach any of Facebook’s rules, so it could only be threatening the creator with sanctions at their unit (assuming the creator is an active member of the ACO)…

[quote=“barber” post=10042]Interesting thread.

Perhaps he’s just commenting that WE tolerate it. All your posts are rather over analysing a confusingly ambiguous post.

I can only really talk personally, but I prefer posting on the facebook page due to you already being logged on, so no more tabs need to be opened, as I believe was stated above by another user. Also there are certain things which Cadets would prefer to be answered by fellow cadets rather than staff members.

One such example would be camps or high level course e.g. JL/QAIC

Staff members can only speak from a staffing point of view, Cadets want to hear from people similar to themselves.

[quote=“jacques” post=10044]
On what grounds would HQAC not be able to ‘tolerate’ the existence of the group?[/quote]

He can’t answer that. He’s clearly said too much already!!

It seems this page is now just full of people arguing about daft things like wearing Ammo boots seems A lot of Cadets are buying them and when someone else tells them they cant wear them or something else is against the AP they don’t care!

I find this very odd that so many don’t want to follow regs we don’t have this issue on my sqn has anyone else come across this before?

Must admit I am suprised at the bad language being used on there and the amount of want almost looks like bulling

i have to agree, there was an example i joined into a conversation/topic and offered my experience and knowledge on the situation and was told where to go and named called after quoting the document which would end the debate!
i was told that regs are “guidelines” only and up for CO’s/Sqns to intepret as they see fit for their circumstances!

alot of Cadets/jumped up NCOs thinking because it happens on their Squadron it must be right, causes an endless loop of debate

I particularly liked the one where an argument for brassard positions was settled and the next day another copy of an obsolete layout was posted. :slight_smile:

To be fair that happened here last time that argument came up!

To be fair that happened here last time that argument came up![/quote]

Lets be honest, it’s how things would be here with that many posters and a higher proportion of cadets.

But here is is easier to refer back to a previous discussion and settlement, or sticky an accepted answer.
The transient nature of the FB group would be great for getting quick answers to burning questions if only there weren’t so many people there talking out of their holes.

Must admit im shocked to how some of the Cadets have spoken to me on there I am always polite and never swear they really cant get it into their heads that anyone could be watching even after warning them all I got was F*** off and we don’t care who can see us…

Who says you can’t wear Ammo boots?

The ACP.

Which one? (just that i hear of loads of staff wearing them following DI courses).

Not explicitly. The AP says you should wear DMS Shoes. Pink Tutu argument ensues. Ammo Boots lose.