ACC Foodies - What are you Eating and Drinking?

Cheese on toast then…

4 Likes

Painful to admit, but McDonalds halloumi fries - oh my days they are fantastic

3 Likes

I can tell you what I won’t be eating… rice.

I have very slowly burned about a kilo by not quite turning the hob off.

3 Likes

Glorious!

Oh yes!!

When I’m asked next time if I want it as a side or a sharing box… I know the right answer now…

1 Like

Fish and chips from Rick Stein’s flagship place in Padstow. Utter feaces.

Always has been.

That place is dire.

1 Like

Rhubarb gin (industrial quantities). Last night. Feeling it.

and I bet it wasn’t cheap

2 Likes

Most of these places are vastly overpriced and underwhelming in quality, but the vast majority are franchises. The fake wassock Oliver got his comeuppance when all his closed down for the above reasons.

2 Likes

The chip shop in my village is a solid 12/10…

1 Like

Galton Blackiston’s No.1 fish & chip shop in Cromer is well worth it. Great take-away or sit-down, either way decent and good value.

1 Like

Many local chippies are as they don’t get caught up with poncing around that people like Stein use to sell an image, books and TV series.
They just do decent grub at reasonable prices with none of the frills, be that eat in or take away.

2 Likes

Why have i never tried pickled onion Monster Munch before?! Game changer!

1 Like

No he merrily walked away from it all, with tv and book work to keep him going.

All the staff redundant and the suppliers who were offered pennies in the pound owed were the ones that bore the brunt of his balls up.

Infuriating in the extreme.

Anyway tonight is Californian red Zinfandel and an assortment of cheese and other bits and bobs to try and soak it up with. :blush:

Beef is still my favourite, but Pickled Onion is great when hungover.

2 Likes

Just has sausage and mash with baked beans accompanied by a mushroom and onion gravy with a nice dose of Cayenne pepper in it.

1 Like

Eldest (4), “can we go to the pizza shop tonight please…?”

No tables available until 2000…hmm. Collection it is then. Suitably demolished, and kids on their way to bed…

Last night was a daddy night, as Mrs Tornado was driving North for a cadet event on the Saturday…

“daddy, can we go to the Chicken Nugget shop?”

I have no self control…

5 Likes

Commendable parenting effort. Well done!!!

My two have discovered Too Good To Go bags. They also know they are available from Gregg’s. And cost £2.50.

We had that for breakfast and lunch today.

2 Likes

I had 2 packets of this today!

Must admit.
TaStY!

1 Like