3822 washed

I’ve washed my 3822 accidentally it’s new and it’s just got the information that is first written in it, what will most likely happen next?

ask for a new one. your staff will most likey fill in the details again and give it to you.

At my squadron, a disappointed look and mild ridicule :wink:

4 Likes

At least they haven’t lost it, at my Squadron that earns you a verbal warning and an entry in the SASR.

Pop into your staff office and politely explain. As above, expect mild ridicule and banter. :wink:

Really!?

Yep, loss of an identity document that can provide access to MOD estate.

I haven’t got a problem with accidental washing etc as accidents happen but outright loss isn’t acceptable as far as I’m concerned.

2 Likes

A packet of good quality chocolate biscuits helps the process along…

We issue our cadets with a small ziplock plastic bag for their 3822 to go in, & we expect the 3822 to reside in it! It has saved numerous “admin” events. :wink:

4 Likes

I would say you now have a clean record…
Go grovel, say it got washed and receive the new one… these things happen but please learn from the experience and don’t leave in your uniform for the eager parental unit to wash again. The military has the saying, “7 P’s”, and it is very appropriate here.

“Prior Planning and Preparation Prevents Piddly Poor Performance”. There are many alternative words used for Piddly but I find this is the most parent friendly one to use…

1 Like

Well, you’re a proper cadet now your 3822 has been washed. It’s a rite of passage

3 Likes