3822 picture

.huyfscbki64fzvnkhdchjj

Not one of my cadets is wearing a beret in their 3822.

Cadets generally use school or passport type photos, so no berets.

As a cadet, I had a beret on in my 3822. The SQN took all our photos and printed them for our 3822s. Never had a problem.

Although things may have changed in four years.

i have never seen nor known of any expectation of the photo, other than a photo of the owner with a true likeness.

not a selfie, but otherwise a school or passport photo would be the standard, i too have seen Squadron taken shots and printed them for us like Valiant, but with or without Beret??? I have never heard it should be in uniform so seem silly to indicate with/out beret

The closest thing you will find to official guidance is that used for MOD90 ID cards for staff as listed in ACP20 PI109: Subjects “are to be in uniform. This is defined as Wedgwood blue shirt and black tie without hat. Jackets or pullovers should not be worn.” Photo should be 45mm x 35mm ish, cropped from the top of the head to the bottom of the tie knot.

I have seen nothing mandating the format for the cadet photo and mine certainly don’t follow the dress limitations of a MOD90, as they are taken early in a cadet’s time with the squadron and are often in civvies. I could get round to updating them, but I can’t be bothered.

They might try to tighten this up if the 3822 replacement starts to use the photo from SMS.

There is no publication… There are no written requirements for the cadet photo anywhere at all to my knowledge.

I photograph all the cadets for our photo board and for their SMS profile anyway and so I just print an extra copy for their 3822.
I’ve always gone with whichever blue uniform they happen to be wearing that night (99% of the time it’s dark blue) and no beret.

1 Like

Odd. We don’t need to be in uniform for our MOD90s. I just used a copy of my passport photo.

It is entirely possible that our written instruction hasn’t kept pace with actual requirement. There is nothing about it mentioned on the form.

Dont go there, my last MOD90 was in civvies, i sent in a picture like last time for my new one and it was rejected. ÂŁ8 down the drain.

Went and got new pictures taken, sent them off to recieve my MOD90 and guess what, they have cropped the image and you cannot see my uniform in it, was not a happy bunny at that one.

1 Like

I assume it was rejected by someone in the RAFAC, rather than the MOD?

You are 100% correct…

100% the same.

I sent in the same standard photo I had on my last RAF-issued MOD90 (I still call it a 1250, old habits…), but the admin bods at WHQ said it didn’t meet standards…

1 Like

We have drifted away from the question of a 3822 photo though.

I never understood the need for the uniform for photos, unless it’s a Clark Kent taking off the glasses thing to become Superman, where if we’re not wearing a light blue shirt and black tie suddenly makes you unrecognisable as a member of the Air Cadets, when presenting a piece of plastic with picture on it.

How do cvvies (like what we are) who do work on military establishments get on? Do they have a bag of dress up clothes so they can have a uniform for a photo?

I remember something similar some time ago - sent in a photo in 2B, got rejected for lack of tie.

Sent one in in 2A, ID card comes back cropped so as you couldn’t actually see the tie.

1 Like

Well as they aren’t members of the RAFAC, they don’t have a weird requirement to be in uniform for the photo.

1 Like

…neither do they have MOD90s

Ive seen a civi going on to a base with what looked like a MOD90. Anyone know what they are?

perhaps a civilian who works for the MoD? . . .