Creases in DPM Trousers / Shirts

The RAF do iron creases into their CS95 uniform, but only for Barack Dress, not in the field, as there are not straight lines in nature!

Ahā€¦that old chesnut.
Whilst not strictly true, I do get the point. But Iā€™ve always said itā€™s flawed.

I wouldnā€™t bother pressing creases in for fieldcraft, simply because itā€™s not needed rather than out of some misguided beliefe that a crease in a piece of camouflage clothing will somehow stand out.

Next you will be telling me greens are for dieing in not ironingā€¦

As for barrack dress there is no such thing in the RAF the closest thing would be No 2 dress which is blue not green so by this logic no one should have creases :?

This while i canā€™t speak from RAF experience, in know in the army you have a set on ā€œworkingā€ cs95ā€™s which dont get creased and you use in the field, then a set of ā€œbarracksā€ cs95ā€™s which are all neatly ironed and creased and donā€™t get worn out in the field, just in barracks.

This while i canā€™t speak from RAF experience, in know in the army you have a set on ā€œworkingā€ cs95ā€™s which dont get creased and you use in the field, then a set of ā€œbarracksā€ cs95ā€™s which are all neatly ironed and creased and donā€™t get worn out in the field, just in barracks.[/quote]

Not any moreā€¦

You would IMO have far too much time on your hands if you put creases in DPMs, just like those sad souls who put creases in jeans. Iron them yes but not creases, but if it gets your juices flowing, crack on.

#sorry off topic here but YOU DO NOT IRON JEANS!!!

Nothing sad about creases in jeansā€¦it goes with the boots, the belt, and the hat.

Oh, and the pedal steel guitar.

1 Like

IF you didnt iron creases into them on your yearly visit to the Regt guys for CCS it got their juices flowing lol

IF you didnt iron creases into them on your yearly visit to the Regt guys for CCS it got their juices flowing lol[/quote]

Maybe your particular Regt guys. When I did IFPT, we were ā€˜advisedā€™ to iron the creases out of our 95s.

IF you didnt iron creases into them on your yearly visit to the Regt guys for CCS it got their juices flowing lol[/quote]

Maybe your particular Regt guys. When I did IFPT, we were ā€˜advisedā€™ to iron the creases out of our 95s.[/quote]

last time I did CCS was 2 years ago so may well have changed I do have a mate on 2 sqn RAF Regt and he has to iron creases into his MTP which i found odd

[quote=ā€œglass half empty 2ā€ post=12211]You would IMO have far too much time on your hands if you put creases in DPMs, just like those sad souls who put creases in jeans. Iron them yes but not creases, but if it gets your juices flowing, crack on.[/quote]I do, because as Iā€™ve previously said itā€™s easier!

Thatā€™s why people started putting creases in trousers and shirt sleeves in the first place.

And no one irons jeans, do they?

[quote=ā€œzinggyā€ post=12222]

last time I did CCS was 2 years ago so may well have changed I do have a mate on 2 sqn RAF Regt and he has to iron creases into his MTP which i found odd[/quote]

Nothing about this surprises meā€¦

Not if you iron them inside out :wink:

Note: Black boots, DPM Moisture Vapour Permeable (MVP) suit, fleece (green) and the Norwegian shirts remain authorised and can be worn by individuals with either CS95 or PCS-MTP.
0224. Valeting of CS95
a. Lightweight Trousers. The CS95 trousers are to be worn with pressed-in creases, front and back, extending the full length of each leg.
b. Lightweight Shirt. The shirt is always to be worn, with creases pressed in on each sleeve, running from the centre of the shoulder to the cuff.
c. Field Jacket/Smock. The smock is to be ironed flat without creases.
0225. PCS-MTP Authorised Ensemble. When authorised to wear and except where a specific order of dress has been prescribed through the OC Wg / Wg Ex O / Sqn Ldr CCF HQAC, only the approved PCS-MTP ensemble, as detailed below, is to be worn. Appropriate RAFVR(T) or ATC Insignia must be worn at all times. Other items of operational clothing issued for specific operations outside the UK are not to be worn in the UK. Illustrations and relevant orders of dress are detailed at the end of this section. CS95 ensemble comprises:
a. Head-dress. The service issue beret is the only head-dress to be worn, with appropriate hat badge by all ranks.
b. MTP Field Jacket/Windproof Smock. No shoulder epaulettes. The front rank epaulette is to display Blue rank slides for NCOs and Blue
Composite Braid (mounted on an appropriate colour background where required) for Officers, including the appropriate VRT/ATC insignia as issued.
c. MTP Lightweight Combat Suit (Lightweight Jacket & Trousers). No shoulder epaulettes, blue rank slides only are worn on the front rank epaulette. ā€˜In barracksā€™ the l/w jacket is to be worn tucked into the trousers; due to the limitations of the current design, the sleeves are normally to be worn down. However, where the activity or temperature dictates, sleeves can be rolled up temporarily at the discretion of the individual. Where personnel are engaged in training or exercises and where high activity levels can be expected to be encountered at short notice, the jacket is to be worn outside the trousers with the sleeves down.
d. MTP Barracks Shirt. This garment is a lighter version of the jacket without the additional padding in the sleeves being designed to be worn within the office and camp environment. It has not been authorised by the RAF and is not to be worn by ACO personnel whilst on duty.
e. T-Shirt. All year round wear under garment of an appropriate colour (Olive Green, Brown or Black). Unit insignia should not be visible.
f. Thermal Shirt. Cold conditions undergarment worn under the lightweight jacket.
g. Thermal Smock. Cold conditions undergarment, or suitable mid layer, not to be worn as outer layer.
h. MTP / DPM Moisture Vapour Permeable (MVP) Suit. Lightweight Gortex waterproof jacket and trousers.
i. Gloves. Black leather waterproof with wrist strap, appropriate to the task.
j. Boots. Black or Brown combat style boot. The desert boot may be worn by ACO personnel resident at overseas units, or on camp, in Cyprus and
Gibraltar.
k. UBACS. The Under Body Armour Combat Shirt (UBACS) is not to be worn by ACO personnel whilst on duty. 0226. Valeting of PCS-MTP
a. Trousers. The trousers are to be ironed flat without creases.
b. Lightweight Shirt. The shirt is to be worn pressed flat, without creases in either the sleeve or body of the garment except at the collar which is to
pressed flat against the body of the shirt.
c. Field Jacket/Smock. The smock is to be ironed flat without creases.