You know what really makes me laugh?

There has been an apology though from the WWO…

2 Likes

Just seen this.

And all is right with the world.

Fair play for them to realise their mistake and own up to it.

1 Like

Yeah agree. Opinion 180. Glad that he did.

1 Like

Did he apologise for the heavy handed approach, or the reply all?

If only the latter, I still think they’re a nob.

1 Like

To be fair, the advice given was correct, & in a very appropriate tone (not over-relaxed, but certainly not a screaming fit); the apology (also appropriate) was for using “reply all.”

Not a problem, certainly nothing to be upset about (either for the recipient or anyone else in the Wg).

The question is, what’s wrong with “Good evening”?

It makes me laugh if it’s because it wasn’t a “Good evening Sirs Ma’am’s, FSs et al” because no one in either the real world or RAFAC world would be doing that in reality would they? :joy:

3 Likes

Bumsnorkler. I’m afraid that @james_elliott might get a twitter visit…

I’m confused - what goes on?

2 Likes

It’s a twitter thing - person A tweets something and includes their boss(es) and starts it of with sir/ma’am: it’s usually a ‘thanks so much for the opportunity to polish my CV under your perfect guidance…’ type stuff. There are shades of grey of course, but it’s generally kiss stuff.

There’s a unknown person/group of persons, who may or may not be graduates of ACSC, who operate an account called @bumsnorkler and who call out such behaviour as #bumsnorkling.

They get lots of likes, bit only a few military accounts are brave enough to openly engage with them…

East German IFVs on parade.

Julian Lewis’ Intelligence and Security Committee coup.

Would be even funnier if it turns out Chris Grayling voted for him too.

2 Likes

JL is my MP… The amount of tory winging on social media about who is their MP now etc is pathetic

1 Like

Haha fantastic. I’ve just looked him up and he’s clearly a bit of an oddball (the only MP who doesn’t accept constituent communication via email) but I still find the whole thing hilarious.

2 Likes

I see it as the empire slowly starting to crumble

1 Like

8 Likes

He probably did. The man is a failure in all things.

1 Like

MOT today. On Saturday discovered a 6 inch crack in drivers side windscreen. Never thought the windscreen repair kit the in-laws bought me for Christmas would actually come in useful. Sailed through without an advisory.

Windscreen repair kit? How do you get rid of a crack? Magic wand?

Normally a phone call to the insurers and get it done professionally. Earliest my current insurer could get someone out was 9th August

1 Like