You know what really makes me laugh?

Best bit is that it’s legit.

If they head on to Reddit to find it, that’s exactly what they’ll see.

1 Like

Like Googling French military victories?

Sweepstake on how long after sending it phil from HR pops up on Teams with “are you free for a catch up”

Austerlitz
Verdun
Battle of Hastings
Battle of Tours (Poitiers) acknowledges to be probably the most important battle in European history
Hundred Years War
It was because of French assistance that the British lost control of the 13 American colonies
We just don’t get to hear about then especially when we loose.

Hastings wasn’t a French victory. It was a Norman one. They were quite different then.

2 Likes

Which I think they only won due to having Emily Blunt on their side (well done for everyone that gets that reference!)

3 Likes

Didn’t you make that joke yesterday?

I only have 3 jokes so I like to keep them in rotation - but I don’t think I’ve ever referenced Edge of Tomorrow before, I think yesterday was a Monty Python image and before that was a Hot Fuzz one.

1 Like

I don’t know if that’s intentional or not but that’s a great follow on joke.

1 Like

It was intentional :slightly_smiling_face: have seen the movie so thought it worth pulling the string in the tapestry to see where it led :joy:

1 Like

Well that flew over my head, well done you!

1 Like

6 Likes

My French colleague just said:

“Oh I hate gin, it tastes like Marmite…”

Hmm Marmite Gin? I might skip that as going just a little too far! :laughing:

1 Like

Not just a little too far, that’s crossed a line. Some things should never be anywhere near gin and marmite is one of them :face_vomiting:

Coming from someone who has ‘Moroccan mint’ gin on her gin shelf - a present and apparently award-winning, in Germany, not for me I’m afraid so hoping guests go, I’ll try that one as can’t even throw in a load of sloes :rofl:

When the facts are presented, but people still argue.

Video of two Clipped-Wing Spitfires, powered by Griffin engines… even says in the title…

“Hurricanes, not Spitfires!”
“Love the sound of the Merlin!”
“Spirfires have elliptical wings, thats Hurricanes!”

Clearly not everyone has unlocked every variant in WarThunder yet… :laughing:

Trying to work out what this means, but I’m at a… Loss.

1 Like

This isnt wrong…

1 Like

They haven’t even given you a Visio licence!?