You know what really makes me laugh?

If there is a business opportunity, why not. The French exploited those going on ferries and later through the tunnel and eventually Tesco jumped on the idea. I’ve known people do it three or four times a year.
Remember being at 6th Form and teachers buying cigarettes and alcohol and giving them to us who were old enough to take through customs and then taking them back when we got back

It won’t make any difference to pub/restaurant prices, as they already charge well over the minimum. If anything, it works heavily in their favour by narrowing the gap between the cost of buying off-trade and on-trade, making them seem less of a rip off and making “pre-drinking” less relevant.

1 Like

Attention to detail, special delivery had to be amended in the bulletin to the correct name, Royal Mail Special Delivery Guaranteed by 1pm.

Doesn’t give me the warm & glowing feeling that anyone in HQRAFAC checked the details / prices. Oh, & never mind the extra hassle of finding a post office & then queuing for ages…

It’s alright, the SNP just increase the taxes for middle class and then blame Westminster anyway.

Jeremy Corbyn lauding the vote in The Lords about giving the Lower House a vote on leaving the eu.

I had to make sure I wasn’t in an alternative universe, I would never have thought I’d hear Corbyn saying well done to The Lords.

1 Like

This from a man who has always said he hates the EU, Funny thing too I always thought the Lords were an un elected chamber who didnt meddle in things that already had been passed by the commons(not to mention us plebs) .

1 Like

You’re thinking about money bills. By convention they don’t vote down things like budgets. The rest is up for grabs. They can only really amend things, they realistically lack the power to completely strike down the Commons as the Commons can use the Parliament Acts to force things through.

I think The Lords need to think bloody hard before interfering in something that is the “will of the people”. Too much like this and people who think we still need a second chamber might not be supportive.

We voted to leave the political morass that is the eu and that’s the end of it and likewise Parliament should be 4 square behind this and not saying they want to stop it.

1 Like

But I don’t remember having a vote on whether we want a customs union after leaving the EU.

2 Likes

Ah, but you did, you see. The Remain team with their ‘project fear’ clearly told you that we couldn’t have a soft border with Ireland without a customs union. But, the leave teams said they were all liars spreading panic and discord and we could have all of those things, we would have Milk and Honey Brexit. You see? Except now, all those Leave people who said the Remain people were liars now are saying they weren’t liars, and this is clearly what we all voted for as that was what the Remain people said was going to happen from the outset, didn’t you listen to them?

1 Like

Doesn’t matter if you voted leave or remain.

The EU has ignored referendums in the past and will continue to do so until it gets its own way.

British calls for a referendum over Lisbon Treaty:

“Of course there will be transfers of sovereignty. But would I be intelligent to draw the attention of public opinion to this fact?,”

French referendum over EU constitution:

“If it’s a Yes, we will say ‘on we go’, and if it’s a No we will say 'we continue’,”

On the introduction of the euro:

“We decide on something, leave it lying around, and wait and see what happens. If no one kicks up a fuss, because most people don’t understand what has been decided, we continue step by step until there is no turning back.”

Jean Claude Juncker
“Democracy”

that people still believe it makes a difference if a email address is written in CAPS or lower case

addressedtoyou@gmail.com and ADDRESSEDTOTYOU@gmail.com are the same email addresses…* sigh * :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

The RFC permits the local part to be case-sensitive but in practice it seldom, if ever, is.

1 Like

I take it we’ve all seen the RAF unable to be in step at The Royal Wedding? :see_no_evil::see_no_evil::see_no_evil:

1 Like

Should’ve just got some cadets that’d passed their CDC to do it. Even during the dress rehearsals they were a shambles😭

My newbies were better than that shower!

Were there any Air Cadets there so CAC could pop up for selfie?

1 Like

Spotted the lad on the end out of step.Its the matelot I felt sorry for .Ok he lost the step but only because the marine next to him was too close thereby making it just about impossible for the lad to swing his arm without it hitting the marines rifle.

This is really, really, really hilarious. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

This reminds you of the inadvertently sent email/text slagging off someone not meant to be the recipient, but who ending up getting it.
The worry with this instance is would you know it’s
1 been recorded
2 it’s been sent
3 who it’s been sent to
With a text or email you would at least have the evidence of who it was sent to.