You know what really makes me laugh?

Are they not microQR codes?
Or are they Aztec?

i have seen these on L98A2s as well…

armorer proof?

Project Athena which was the new MOD weapons tracking system.

It’s an asset tag for the rifle.

I don’t have a rifle on hand to compare them directly, but from memory they seem to be Data Matrix 2D barcodes.

As said, there was a barcoding project recently where these were affixed to all service rifles. I think the No8s may have just missed out.

1 Like

Our old No8s were barcoded about 6months before removal. I think it was just dependant one who did the servicing.

Making me laugh? A Tory candidate using their history as a “Commissioned Officer” with RAFAC to make them more credible… then get caught saying something inappropriate about people on benefits…

i was about to argue the case indicating that it is the BBC indicating that as a RAFAC Commissioned Officer the candidate is more credible not the individual…

…however

That bio tells the bigger story. half of the 400 words is her experiences either as a Cadet or a CFAV (and CO)
only 75 words about what she does now for work…!

Think she’s still involved in the Corps if Bader email is to be believed…

Attention to detail lacking:

“Francesca has worked for a farming business in Gower after she completed my degree…”

“…which is where she still work**(S)** to date.”

That said, compared to some career politicians who started off as councillors & weaselled their way up the greasy political pole, she has put something into society (cadets) & works in a family business that isn’t a consultancy for anyone else in the political spectrum. :wink:

5 Likes

Does the ACP not still require you to resign if you stand for political office?

It does. It is wrong though where it says RAFAC staff are disqualified from sitting in parliament and I do wonder how well the policy would stand up to challenge considering we are no more than volunteers in a military themed youth organisation.

I’d assume though that if there is a document stating that you must resign, that document would be AP1919 which is notable for not actually existing.

I certainly can’t find anything explicitly forbidding being an MP in ACP20 (indeed, it states that you may be nominated for local election).

1 Like

I know they required a number of MPs who were Special Constables to resign a few years back.

Tell that to the reserve force MPs including Penny Mourdant who was defence secretary or Tobias Elwood who was minister for reserves and veterans

Off the top of my head there’s a currently sitting MP who’s an Army Reserve colonel.

But it doesn’t matter, as that regulation just applies to FTRS and ADC reservists.

Tobias Elwood RA

Looks like I had an out of date copy of ACP20 and they have finally removed it in a June update

I thought Toby Ellwood was Rifles…?

James Cleverly is Lt Col RA. I don’t like him as a politician, but he was a very good, and highly liked and respected Battery Commander.

I may have gotten an A mixed up with an E and been thinking of Mark Lancaster.

I am famously inept.

1 Like

It appears not, just says about not doing stuff in uniform…but vague really!