You know what really makes me happy?

I’ve had good times with trains as well, one example is when I went to Thorpe Park on public transport and it took 3 trains and a bus. All three trains were 20 mins early. Of course they didn’t leave the station till there scheduled time, but I still couldn’t believe such things could happen.

5 posts were split to a new topic: Nerdle, Wordle, toil and Boggle

MMH - Austria have sorted their covid travel rules so Skiing is looking pretty likely now in March!

1 Like

Been booked for Mayrhofen since Sept. Now looking likely!

Think there’s still a nightly 10pm curfew, but that suits me, I’m old.

Making me happy, but also sad. Facebook memories showing up the last time I went gliding. 9 years ago!

MMH - After never getting any joy with previous Adidas Spezial pre-launch ballots and having to barter or pay over the odds for what I really wanted managed to bag both pairs of the spring 22 release that I wanted :grinning:

Comdt has said eDBS is weeks away :star_struck:

2 Likes

preacher-hallelujah

3 Likes

Weeks; (noun) Anything greater than 1 x 7 day period.

Bossman is learning! :wink:

1 Like

Actual eDBS or the nonsense we have now.

From what I’ve heard it’ll be uCheck and should be in place from the beginning of March. But that’s just on the vine, not seen any policy.

Now its public… This is what i was briefed last week, apparently pretty self sufficient

For all staff?

Isn’t this paper forms?

Believe so

Says someone who I’m guessing hasnt used it?
It isnt, self sufficient.
Requires input from end user, OC, WHQ and u check.

True eDBS, has the end user type in all their stuff, provide scans of IDs and Bosh, done. Cert arrives within 48hrs.

I’ve used a system which provides this for enhanced DBS for 2 different jobs. Twice for each.

It isnt rocket science. But then HQAC…

No.
Uchceck.

Ucheck isn’t eDBS.
No matter how many times people say it is.
It isnt.

It’s not even a poor mans relative as it’s still expensive.

Not as expensive as paper forms granted. But still more expensive than other options.

This is Enhanced Disclosure Barring Service.

What you mean is that UCheck is not the Online DBS you want.

I’ve not seen it end to end but it’s quicker and I still do an ID check that takes no time and locally is delegated to OCs / Adjs.

And no more forms getting “lost” in the post, or on peoples desks!

Does ucheck offer free DBS for volunteers?